Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Zamora Chant

Puppet Master

non sequitur
Aug 14, 2012
White Stripes - really??? Since when?

I was looking forward to a rendition of That's Amore as it's been a long old while, was disappointed to hear he's now been given a song straight off the Soccer AM manufactured generic songs conveyer belt. Or did we sing this before?

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
I agree - Fulham one for him I think....

I'm sure the proper one will be sung soon...

Quinney

Aug 3, 2009
Hastings
Normal service will be resumed at Fulham when he comes on with 15
mins to go. There can only be one song.

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne

I was looking forward to a rendition of That's Amore as it's been a long old while, was disappointed to hear he's now been given a song straight off the Soccer AM manufactured generic songs conveyer belt. Or did we sing this before?
I agree. Disappointing and awful.

Puppet Master

non sequitur
Aug 14, 2012
Bobby is far far far too much of a legend to have some shitty generic Sky Sports generation song. "That's Zamora" was inventive, witty and summed him up beautifully.

No more poxy White Stripes!

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003

Yup, this. Should have been 'When the ball hits the net...' or a simple yet heartfelt 'Za-more-ah! Za-more-ah!'.

White Stripes OUT!

Puppet Master

non sequitur
Aug 14, 2012
Might need revising though as a lot has changed since our Withdean days.... The ball no longer flashes in like Philips or Quinn, no one jumps for joy like it's Van Nistelrooy and if it's a goal it's a goal it most certainly won't be Shearer or Cole!

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Might need revising though as a lot has changed since our Withdean days.... The ball no longer flashes in like Philips or Quinn, no one jumps for joy like it's Van Nistelrooy and if it's a goal it's a goal it most certainly won't be Shearer or Cole!

When we look to be sunk
Its not Calde or Dunk
It's Zamora

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
Personally I like "One man, we've only got one man!"

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003

No! Keep original authentic lyrics! See my thread from a few days ago mate...!

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
You might have a job explaining to the 15 year olds who Phillips, Quinn and Van Nistelrooy are now Sheebs!

Haha. I think I suggested 4 lines and didn't have the Philips / Quinn one in there in my suggestion. But you've reminded me just how good that partnership was for Sunderland! Shame Phillips went on to ruin his CV by playing for the scum!

HP Seagull

Danny Cullip: Hero
Sep 26, 2008
I agree, was disappointed when that was trotted out.

It has to be That's Amore or (perhaps more realistic) the old classic: Zamora! Zamora! Zamora! Zamora!

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea
So three games running our 20yo something supporters have been singing that awful song WHY - have they no knowledge of him and his earlier bhafc life.

Everybody must try and re educate these oiks with the proper words and tune.

BBassic

I changed this.
Jul 28, 2011
So three games running our 20yo something supporters have been singing that awful song WHY - have they no knowledge of him and his earlier bhafc life.

Everybody must try and re educate these oiks with the proper words and tune.

The young'uns on the train back yesterday were wheeling out the proper version.

There was a slightly less enthusiastic rendition of Wardy Wonderland as well.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here