Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Catering tonight

goldstone68

Aug 31, 2014
darkside
what happened to the catering tonight?, twas at the ground about 6.40 went for a burger in the North stand and was told they had sold out of them and all they had was hotdogs. At half time managed to get hold of a cheese and onion thingy and the crust was so hard I had to hit it on the back of the seat in front of me to break it.

How was your food?

(Bring back the chicken and ham pie please)

dazzer6666

NSC Patreon
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Turned up hungry tonight. Had a chicken and chorizo pie before the game, it was excellent. Still hungry at half time, so had the sausage roll - it was even better, really very good. My lad had a burger, better than last seasons. Service slightly slow in WSL but all bodes pretty well.

ROSM

Dec 26, 2005
Just far enough away from LDC
In East lower the queues were quickly handled, the staff efficient and friendly. Harveys was served well and cider cold.

Only downside was the new cheese and onion pasty - wasn't anywhere near as good as any of the veggie pies they've had in the past. Pastry too hard, and too much of it and filling very dry.

But hey, we won, we are top of the league and it's only a pasty.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Chicken and chorizo pie was nicely filled with aforementioned meats and had a minimum of that scalding juice that makes the pie fall apart while burning yer fingers in the process. So top marks for all of that. Pie was curiously bereft of flavour though. Maybe add some kind of seasoning to the mix?

goldstone68

Aug 31, 2014
darkside
Maybe I was just unlucky, and going to the game straight from work and being hungry did not help. Great night though, lively atmosphere in the North stand and a win as well.

sully

Dunscouting
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
Didn't notice much in the way of chorizo in the chicken and chorizo pie and thought it was too dry. Was still hungry so had a pasty and it was disgusting.

Bad heartburn on the way home.

Won't be bothering with either of those options next time.

At least the Harvey's was good.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
In East lower the queues were quickly handled, the staff efficient and friendly. Harveys was served well and cider cold.

Only downside was the new cheese and onion pasty - wasn't anywhere near as good as any of the veggie pies they've had in the past. Pastry too hard, and too much of it and filling very dry.

But hey, we won, we are top of the league and it's only a pasty.

I'm really, really worried about this. It was, without doubt, the worst cheese and onion pasty I've ever had.

Are there no veggie pies now.

Seagull1989

Oct 31, 2011
Staff were good but chicken and chorizo pie wasn't great. I much preferred the chicken and ham pie but I was told that they got rid of them because 1901 weren't buying the meals and buying the chicken and ham pies instead so not enough money being spent. Surely not??

Skaville

Jun 10, 2004
Queens Park
Was in the WSU. Signs out for sausage rolls, so thought I'd have one with my Harveys. Queued for 10 mins, got to the counter at 19:25. No sausage rolls, no harveys

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Halftime WSU: queues massive. Joined the queue before "save of the season". Gave up some time later.

Full time WSU: sold out of all beer shortly after the game.

ROSM

Dec 26, 2005
Just far enough away from LDC
I'm really, really worried about this. It was, without doubt, the worst cheese and onion pasty I've ever had.

No veggie pies I was told. A real pity because all three veggie pies they'd done (spinach and ricotta, veggie balti and the standard) had been good.

Previous caterers had dropped veggie burgers and now this change to what you accurately describe as a very poor pasty

Rowdey

Jul 7, 2003
Herne Hill
My first time in 1901 Juice lounge, and it was an utter shambles..

Not enough staff , no pies before game, so i eventually ordered and PAID for pints and pie to be there at half time. Come the moment, and they were down to just two staf (one new) and still no pies, and no pre-ordered pints for anyone. :censored:

Luckily for me, the tix was a freebie, but lots of upset people who'd paid good money for a shocking service.

happypig

Staring at the rude boys
May 23, 2009
Eastbourne
ESU. joined queue at 7.15 intending to have beer & pasty. Finally got served 20 minutes later so just had a pasty. It was bloody awful; stodgy, undercooked and doughy, the pastry was far too thick and the filling was dry. Chucked half of it away. I can, and in future will, make better pasties than that and take them along.
Thing is, they have a 31 item product line (I counted them, several times) but the server seemed baffled by everything she was asked for; that's poor training.

wellquickwoody

Many More Voting Years
NSC Patreon
Aug 10, 2007
Melbourne
Ordered drinks in Dicks post match (oooer), which once served and on the bar, we were told BOTH card machines had broken down that very day........total balderdash in my view, just somebody had not been organised enough to replace/reconnect/renew the contract on time.

Bit like our recruitment team perhaps......:whistle:

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003

No veggie pies I was told. A real pity because all three veggie pies they'd done (spinach and ricotta, veggie balti and the standard) had been good.

Previous caterers had dropped veggie burgers and now this change to what you accurately describe as a very poor pasty
I'm sure in the article in seagulls.co.uk the other day they said there was a new veggie pie? So hoping the was a one off mistake - my old man won't be pleased if not!

Ran out of everything in middle WSU kiosk appparently. South end was big ques which isn't normal - new staff - same every year unfortunately - it will improve!

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea
Sorry piglets I was really looking forward to a cheese and onion pasty. It's my away game pie of choice and had a good dozen or so last season and each and every one was a big improvement on the piglet one tonight. Very very disappointed loads of pastry and minimal filling.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here