Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Away Shirts EXACT Colour Match With Stewards - Elfin Safety Issue?

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Reckon the stewards should be made to wear fluorescent PINK instead.

Seriously though, isn't the whole idea of stewards wearing Hi-Vis jackets so that they can be easily picked out in an emergency? Not tonight at the Amex they couldn't. There were hundreds of new season away shirts in the stands the exact same colour. Club has not thought this one through shirley.

SweatyMexican

Mar 31, 2013
How about we just do away with the stewards? FFP and all that.

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester
I bet that during an away match at some point this season, a player will pass the ball to either a steward, policeman or a sub warming up on the touchline.

Bry Nylon

Test your smoke alarm
Helpful Moderator
Jul 21, 2003
Playing snooker
I bet that during an away match at some point this season, a player will pass the ball to either a steward, policeman or a sub warming up on the touchline.

No change there, then.

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
Reckon the stewards should be made to wear fluorescent PINK instead.

Seriously though, isn't the whole idea of stewards wearing Hi-Vis jackets so that they can be easily picked out in an emergency? Not tonight at the Amex they couldn't. There were hundreds of new season away shirts in the stands the exact same colour. Club has not thought this one through shirley.

Lol yeah the guy next to me caught me out by saying loads of stewards in the north

wellquickwoody

Many More Voting Years
NSC Patron
Aug 10, 2007
Melbourne
Perhaps the first time in many seasons that the hoolies will be wearing colours, will confuse the hell out of the stewards etc, especially away from home!

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea
How about fans wear away shirts to away games not home games. It looked a bit silly with the amount of yellow in a blue and white teams stadium. Thank goodness forest didn't wear yellow tonight.

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
Because I cycle to the stadium, I wear my fluorescent cycling jacket. Last season I was approached by a steward and told I couldn't wear my bike jacket as it was confusing, so I had to bring a top to change into to. It's a bit bizarre that my jacket is banned but it's OK to wear shirts of the same colour

Pantani

Il Pirata
Dec 3, 2008
Newcastle
The referee at the Sevilla game made the pitchside stewards take their tabards off. It was too confusing for the officials apparently...

We could cause havoc up and down the country this season with these fluoro shirts.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Because I cycle to the stadium, I wear my fluorescent cycling jacket. Last season I was approached by a steward and told I couldn't wear my bike jacket as it was confusing, so I had to bring a top to change into to. It's a bit bizarre that my jacket is banned but it's OK to wear shirts of the same colour

Would be interesting to hear the views of some of the stewards who post on here. If the fluorescent colour clash was considered confusing for them last season then it must be massively more so this season.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
More importantly, they looked really good those shirts as they stood out so well. Can see some away ends looking great this season!

OGH's Libido

Nov 30, 2014
The OP makes an excellent point.

I'd say that about every 4 months or so we read on here a 'thank you' to fans who quickly alerted stewards to someone in distress. There was one of these threads after the Sevilla friendly.

With this in mind, someone should raise the issue with the club. Anyone got an email address for this sort of query?

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford

Well now you can just wear an Albion away shirt to ride in. Problem solved!

Fef

Rock God.
Feb 21, 2009
When the colder weather comes, many of the shirts will be covered up with warmer clothing.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here