Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Championship Preview: Brighton & Hove Albion v Nottingham Forest; 07/08/15

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
The wait is over, pre-season is out of the way, and football is back this weekend!

Optimism and expectation come hand in hand with the start of an Albion pre-season. However a sense of realism is also needed when you take into account the step backwards that was made last season. Pushing for a return to the top half of the table is achievable, but with many sides seemingly going for broke this year breaking into the top six again will be a tricky task. More signings are still needed, with cover at centre back and on the wing key to Albion’ having the strength in depth to sustain a push for the play-offs over an entire season.

Lots more here: http://www.northstandchat.com/conte...on-v-Nottingham-Forest-Friday-7th-August-2015

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
BBC preview reckons Harper, Hambo and Crofts are hopeful of being in the squad

:ffsparr:

perseus

Broad Blue & White stripe
Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
Forest extract:

Key battle: Antonio v Bruno: If we are honest, it would be valid to suggest that Antonio versus the opposition right back will be a key battle in most games.

But, with Antonio up against a vastly experienced, but now 34-year-old Spaniard, it could be a particularly interesting clash.

Can the outright pace and power of Antonio be subdued by the guile and positional sense of Bruno.

Read more: http://www.nottinghampost.com/Brigh...tory-27559949-detail/story.html#ixzz3i8Hrr3OY
Follow us: @Nottingham_Post on Twitter | NottinghamPostOnline on Facebook

perseus

Broad Blue & White stripe
Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
A fairly quiet summer at Brighton means only a handful of debutants could take to the field.

Forest could field the same XI they used in their final pre-season friendly against Aston Villa.

http://www.whoscored.com/Matches/958440/Preview

Prediction
Brighton ended up comfortably clear of the drop zone last season and will be confident going into this campaign.
Scoring goals was their issue and Chris Hughton has tried to solve that by adding strikers over the summer.
Nottingham Forest are in a stick or twist position off the pitch with finances and embargoes hovering.
However, they should be strong once again and will be hoping for a top six challenge.
Prediction: Brighton 1-1 Nottingham Forest

This is an extract and not my view. I think the Antonio vs Bruno will be a fascinating contest and I agree that a score draw is par.

I thought that even when we were 1-3 at home to Forest last season we could get something out of the game and fans that left before the end missed the miracle stop that prevented the equaliser, And those who left even earlier missed the Albion second goal 2-3.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here