Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

The away fans

West Hoathly Seagull

Honorary Ruffian
Aug 26, 2003
Sharpthorne/SW11
I think Brighton fans were moved to be directly behind the goal with the away fans more in the corner

That happened in the second season at the Amex. They got moved into the staff ticket/comp block in the East Stand and only the first two or three in the South Stand, but some East Standers supposedly complained. I don't know if that is the reason, but I seem to remember that was our best season at home (clearly the quality of the players was the main reason) and the concourse issue can't have been a problem. My preference would be for them to be in a corner, but seeing as we have to give them up to 3000 tickets that wouldn't be easy.

One alternative would have been singing sections in the South and East Stands with the away fans in between, as happens at some other clubs (Manchester City being an example, where the away fans are in the "main" home stand and the fans voted not to move them), and the families in the North Stand, but with the tradition associated with the North Stand that was unlikely to happen. I may be wrong, but I had a feeling that the plans shown at Hove Town Hall had the away fans in the North Stand.

Last edited:

TomandJerry

Oct 1, 2013
Judging by this...the home fans are directly behind the goal

1000066.png

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here