Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Tory's doing something about immigration or just passing buck?

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
http://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/...ourt-order-under-plans-to-discourage-migrants

Seems to be smoke and mirrors again from Cameron? Passing on his dirty work to landlords? It certainly won't work as a deterrent for illegals.

That's a very emotive picture at the top of the article. Asylum seekers are not illegal immigrants. If their asylum bid is turned down, then they become illegal, which is a different matter.

http://www.unhcr.org.uk/about-us/the-uk-and-asylum.html

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton
Ah good, another Tory bashing thread from Nibble without any reasonable alternative suggested.

Buzzer

Languidly Clinical
Oct 1, 2006
Where do they go once evicted?

At a guess, I reckon the thinking is this: this will probably only affect the dodgy landlords because the decent ones already require deposits, references etc and as it stands the dodgy ones are exploiting the fact that the illegals have no rights by acting like Rachman or Nicholas Van Whatsisface by piling in multiple beds to a room and exploiting the illegals' precarious situation. I'm also guessing that it's hoped that the message will get through to the potential illegals before they come here that it's all of a sudden got a little bit more difficult to make a new life in the UK. Whether it's justified or not we are seen as a very soft touch at present.

With regards to where they then go, if they are illegally in this country then hopefully they get the message and go back home. Remember that these are people that are illegally in this country, they haven't attempted to claim asylum or refugee status or if they have it's been turned down and they've chosen to stay illegally. I know it sounds harsh but we don't have any responsibility to look after anyone entering illegally who then chooses not to inform the authorities. Christ knows we have enough genuine asylum seekers to look after without giving legitimacy to illegal immigrants by virtue of denying them access to housing.

I'm not sure whether this scheme will be successful but that's me trying to be objective about it.

Nibble

Jan 3, 2007
Ah good, another Tory bashing thread from Nibble without any reasonable alternative suggested.

Ah good, another post from our right wing contingent, failing to comment on the topic and offering absolutely nothing except insults.

Am I obliged to offer an alternative? I don't think I am but here's an idea: When the illegal immigrant has been identified and located why don't the government send the police round to arrest them and deport them? I would imagine that's better than just getting the landlord to turn them onto the street, never to be seen again?

Goldstone1976

We Got Calde in!!
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Apr 30, 2013
Herts
If you replace "Tory" with "Tony", as I did on first reading, you get quite the shock on opening the thread.

Withdean11

Feb 18, 2007
Brighton/Hyde
Am I obliged to offer an alternative? I don't think I am but here's an idea: When the illegal immigrant has been identified and located why don't the government send the police round to arrest them and deport them? I would imagine that's better than just getting the landlord to turn them onto the street, never to be seen again?

Good idea. Perhaps you should be voting UKIP as they are the only party that would do just that.

KZNSeagull

Nov 26, 2007
Wolsingham, County Durham
At a guess, I reckon the thinking is this: this will probably only affect the dodgy landlords because the decent ones already require deposits, references etc and as it stands the dodgy ones are exploiting the fact that the illegals have no rights by acting like Rachman or Nicholas Van Whatsisface by piling in multiple beds to a room and exploiting the illegals' precarious situation. I'm also guessing that it's hoped that the message will get through to the potential illegals before they come here that it's all of a sudden got a little bit more difficult to make a new life in the UK. Whether it's justified or not we are seen as a very soft touch at present.

With regards to where they then go, if they are illegally in this country then hopefully they get the message and go back home. Remember that these are people that are illegally in this country, they haven't attempted to claim asylum or refugee status or if they have it's been turned down and they've chosen to stay illegally. I know it sounds harsh but we don't have any responsibility to look after anyone entering illegally who then chooses not to inform the authorities. Christ knows we have enough genuine asylum seekers to look after without giving legitimacy to illegal immigrants by virtue of denying them access to housing.

I'm not sure whether this scheme will be successful but that's me trying to be objective about it.

If they are serious about rooting out the illegals, then I would hope that any eviction is done in conjunction with the Home Office/Borders Agency of whoever is in charge of removing them, so that the process is then complete. Just allowing landlords to evict them without a court order passes the problem onto someone else. I would hope that this is in the legislation and that the newspaper have chosen not to report that bit.

Does Nicholas van Scumbag still own property in the UK? He seems to spend most of his time in Zim cosying up to his mate Uncle Bob.

Mr Bridger

Sound of the suburbs
Feb 25, 2013
Earth

Can be @rsed to feed nibbles drivles, he must be stuck on a train again screaming for attention, but a good excuse to pull this one out the bag.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Probably doing a lot better than labour did with the economy

Nibble

Jan 3, 2007
Can be @rsed to feed nibbles drivles, he must be stuck on a train again screaming for attention, but a good excuse to pull this one out the bag.

Yet compelled to open my thread. Truly pathetic . Just whack me on ignore if you really don't like my "drivles" whatever they are .

D

Deleted member 22389

Nobody here is as heartless wanting to see people get in to difficulty out on those boats, but what was the point of rescuing 700 people only to take them to Lampedusa when they where only 15 miles off the coast of Libya. Instead of helping the situation it just encourages more and more people to make these journey. It doesn't help the situation one bit.

The situation in Calais as well, business is being ruined because of the migrant situation, why is nobody clearing Calais and the surrounding areas and getting these people as far away from Calais once and for all. We don't know who is coming in do we and people are losing sympathy with the situation. None of those people deserve to get the UK they way they are carrying on lets be honest.

Each person needs to be processed, whether they be in Lampedusa or any other country in the EU. If they are in genuine danger then give them temp asylum until the situation gets better. If they economic migrants which seems to be the case with lots of these people, then they need to be sent back. The EU and the UK cannot take everyone and our governments need to wake up and sort the situation out.

Last edited by a moderator:

glasfryn

cleaning up cat sick
Nov 29, 2005
somewhere in Eastbourne
nearly 6 years they have had to curb the immigration, dave has said it would be down to figures that we could cope with and these are his words they are "swarming" now whether it is right or wrong to allow them in thats another argument he first has to get the customs officers back they got rid of secondly he has to ensure they are who they say they are, thirdly he must ensure there is work enough for them otherwise the benefits bill will sore.
and lastly maybe he could start telling the truth as to how many have got in since he said it would be well less than 100k.
but then the truth and tories or any politician don't look good in the same sentence

D

Deleted member 22389

nearly 6 years they have had to curb the immigration, dave has said it would be down to figures that we could cope with and these are his words they are "swarming" now whether it is right or wrong to allow them in thats another argument he first has to get the customs officers back they got rid of secondly he has to ensure they are who they say they are, thirdly he must ensure there is work enough for them otherwise the benefits bill will sore.
and lastly maybe he could start telling the truth as to how many have got in since he said it would be well less than 100k.
but then the truth and tories or any politician don't look good in the same sentence

They will never be able to curb immigration whether that be legal or illegal all the time we are members of the EU and signed up to this ridiculous idea of open borders without proper checks. It doesn't work. We need control because of our infrastructure and we need control for security reasons. And don't know what it is going to take to get this message through to our governments.

Mr Bridger

Sound of the suburbs
Feb 25, 2013
Earth
Yet compelled to open my thread. Truly pathetic . Just whack me on ignore if you really don't like my "drivles" whatever they are .

:lolol: they call him the seeker

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here