Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

A27 accident

Wrong-Direction

Mar 10, 2013
Heading to Lewes been closed for hours, didn't look good when I just drove past opposite just before ashcoombe roundabout, traffic at falmer still bad, apparently a motorcycle and truck were involved.

martin tyler

Jan 25, 2013
I went past the other way about 730 just after it happened. It did not look good. Can only hope the person on the bike is ok

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
I think [MENTION=249]edna krabappel[/MENTION] has been (or maybe still is) out there doing her thang.

Pickles

May 5, 2014
I think [MENTION=249]edna krabappel[/MENTION] has been (or maybe still is) out there doing her thang.

Pompous and stupid thing to say.

Pratt.

Cold Gettin Dumb

Jan 31, 2013
Nothing disrespectful there you wally...
It's just another way of saying she's there working. She is a policewoman.

8ace

Banned
Jul 21, 2003
Brighton
I went past the other way about 730 just after it happened. It did not look good. Can only hope the person on the bike is ok

A motorcyclist has died after he collided with a tractor on the A27.

At around 6.35pm last night the 31-year-old male was killed when his motorcycle collided with a tractor and trailer being driven by a 20-year-old on the A27 near the Ashcombe Roundabout.

The motorcyclist, riding a Kawasaki, was travelling east. He suffered severe injuries and was pronounced dead at the scene.

The driver of the JCB Backhoe tractor was shocked but uninjured.

The A27 eastbound was closed for five hours between Falmer and Lewes while emergency services were at the scene, and traffic was diverted via Rottingdean, Newhaven and Beddingham.

A spokesman for Sussex Police said: "Sadly the rider of the motorcycle died at the scene. The A27 was closed for several hours whilst emergency services dealt with the scene.

"Police are appealing for anyone who may have witnessed the collision or may have information that my assist with the investigation."

Anyone with information should call 101 or email collision.appeal@sussex.pnn.police.uk quoting Operation Principle.

Official Old Man

Uckfield Seagull
Aug 27, 2011
Brighton
I nearly hit a motor cyclist a few years back close to the service station. There is a 'walkway' across the central reservation along that stretch and the rider turned right from the fast lane into the walkway. I was doing 60/70 mph and suddenly this bike had stopped in front of me to turn right!
Just saying.

Notters

Oct 20, 2003
Guiseley
Sad news. Any idea what happened in Rottingdean High Street? A lot of us were stuck between the two.

Dec 29, 2011
I nearly hit a motor cyclist a few years back close to the service station. There is a 'walkway' across the central reservation along that stretch and the rider turned right from the fast lane into the walkway. I was doing 60/70 mph and suddenly this bike had stopped in front of me to turn right!
Just saying.
Just subtly implying the guy who died was at fault? Time and place.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here