Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Micheal Clarke

pottert

Aug 12, 2009
Peacehaven
I would just like to say hats off the Micheal Clarke for coming out & facing the media after today's humiliation.
He has always been well spoken but I thought today he showed real character to come out & face the media.
I know we have only had 1 day & the game is not over yet but I bet Micheal Clarke cannot wait to leave england.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
I guess this isn't about the dancer/choreographer then?

warmleyseagull

Apr 17, 2011
Beaminster, Dorset
Decent bloke who is totally shot by the bullets fired at him. Happened to Gower, Botham, Atherton, Hussain, Flintoff, Cook and many others from England so not a lot of sympathy from this quarter. Comes with the territory, as he seems to believe.

More than football, cricket is a sum of the individual talent. Ponting, Taylor, Border, Waugh to quote a few were all viewed as great captains but look at the talent they had in their squads.

dangull

Feb 24, 2013
Its amazing how home conditions means so much in test cricket. The last series finished 5-0 the Aussies.

Nobody could have predicted this after the not totally unexpected Lords thrashing. The Aussies are a proud sporting country as far as cricket is concerned, and losing to the poms is not on the agenda. Clark had a look of facing the gallows at that interview.

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
Will he resign the captaincy between this test and the Oval, or will he lead the defeated team to the end?

This is still pretty much the team that beat England by 400 odd runs a month ago and there is no obvious successor in the team. He will know in his heart that the Ashes have gone and it's happened on his watch but he will believe that they can come back at The Oval. I reckon he will walk after the tour finishes. As mentioned above, this is the nature of Cricket, Australia smashed us at home yet have fallen apart here, Cook knows exactly how Clarke is feeling as it was his turn two winters back.

As an aside, anyone still want KP back I wonder ?

dangull

Feb 24, 2013
As an aside, anyone still want KP back I wonder ?[/QUOTE] I do. Think he would have been more of an asset than Lyth or Balance. But hey were winning so who cares.

Eeyore

Lord Donkey of Queen's Park
NSC Patreon
Apr 5, 2014
If Australia are humiliated here, and Clarke fails again, papers like The Herald will be calling for him to be dropped and Smith to take over. I think it's unlikely though. He'll see the summer out.

Worthingite

Sexy Pete... :D
Sep 16, 2011
Worthing
I doubt very much that it'll be Steve Smith taking on the captaincy. Australia tend to not put pressure on their best players, and instead bring in players that have the ability to call the shots tactically to go alongside them. Could feasibly see someone like Steve Marsh taking it, maybe Voges. It's sad, as far as Aussie captains go, I like Clarke, he's diplomatic, technically astute (let's be honest, as much as we've loved today, it was an utter fluke- they won't play that badly again), and he's handled a tough time in losing some great players (including one tragically) with great resilience. Unlike Ponting, he seems quite likeable, and it wasn't too long ago that it was his tactics that saw us whitewashed down under. If, as expected, they lose, I'd like to see him stay

Titanic

Super Moderator
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
West Sussex
...Unlike Ponting, he seems quite likeable, and it wasn't too long ago that it was his tactics that saw us whitewashed down under. If, as expected, they lose, I'd like to see him stay

Ricky Ponting is really good on Sky... interesting and amusing... and not full of himself like that ****wit Warne.

Worthingite

Sexy Pete... :D
Sep 16, 2011
Worthing
Ricky Ponting is really good on Sky... interesting and amusing... and not full of himself like that ****wit Warne.

Yeah, do you know he's actually surprised me. "Punter" as a player was the biggest thundercùnt in the game, but as a pundit on sky he's actually been very interesting. Buys his hair from the same place as warne though, clearly

OzMike

Oct 2, 2006
Perth Australia
Dangull Quote[/QUOTE] I do. Think he would have been more of an asset than Lyth or Balance. But hey were winning so who cares.[/QUOTE]

Stop living in the past and trying to appease the idiot's ego.
He is over, finished, get over it.

Titanic

Super Moderator
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
West Sussex
Yeah, do you know he's actually surprised me. "Punter" as a player was the biggest thundercùnt in the game, but as a pundit on sky he's actually been very interesting. Buys his hair from the same place as warne though, clearly

and was quite happy to joke about that with David Gower too. :)

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here