Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

E-Cash

7:18

Brighton & Hove Albion
Aug 6, 2006
Brighton, England
I can't find where to top up my card on the official website...they are still doing it this year aren't they?

Brighton & Hove Albion
Aug 6, 2006
Brighton, England
So will need to use cash/debit for shirts/pies etc? That's a shame, I liked the e-cash system and thought the whole point was to speed things up?

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
So will need to use cash/debit for shirts/pies etc? That's a shame, I liked the e-cash system and thought the whole point was to speed things up?

Think you may have missed the cut off point to spend the e-cash... I'm sure I read they re-fund back any cash to somewhere...

This E-Cash discount thing was always just another selling point on the first season to get as many STH as possible. Thought that at the time - clever marketing ploy. They stopped the 10% on everything thing and changed it to X% depending on time of purchase and then phased it out. To say it's not replaced with smart technology contactless payment isn't fooling me - that just means the wait should be 'less' - doesn't mean you get a discount on purchases - nothing like the e-cash system!

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla

Yes.

'Cash is King'

and bank cards ( contactless or otherwise ).

sully

Dunscouting
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
I'm sure I spotted the link still on the website yesterday, but it's been binned and we're all supposed to now use contactless cards.

Brighton & Hove Albion
Aug 6, 2006
Brighton, England
I'm just worried now I'll spend more...always set myself aside some "pie money" on the season ticket, now coming out of the bank with everything else I'll have to be careful! Don't think I had more than a few pence left on it from last season anyway. Thanks everyone for your replies.

Prince Monolulu

Everything in Moderation
Oct 2, 2013
The Race Hill
I am 100% certain that my spending will reduce in the light of eCash being binned. Even though it was a false economy, the hint that you were getting something for nothing boosted spending. First I cut back on programmes( not eCash), then food. Beer is proving more of an issue.

spongy

Aug 7, 2011
Burgess Hill
I am 100% certain that my spending will reduce in the light of eCash being binned. Even though it was a false economy, the hint that you were getting something for nothing boosted spending. First I cut back on programmes( not eCash), then food. Beer is proving more of an issue.

You can always take a bottle of Ribena if cost is an issue!

Wilka

Nov 18, 2003
Burgess Hill
It's ok Barber says no one was using it anyway!

I used my card twice in Dicks on Sunday and both time they didn't use contactless and only had one machine so it took longer to find it.

Turkey

Jul 4, 2003
Won't speed me up as I always used e-cash and don't have one of these fancy new debit cards. Always forget to draw out cash!

Apr 12, 2011
Was on hold to supporter services earlier and the recorded on hold message still advertised ecash and the old ticket website...think that one may have slipped through the net!

spongy

Aug 7, 2011
Burgess Hill
It's ok Barber says no one was using it anyway!

I've always used it. I can't remember a time I haven't.

Won't speed me up as I always used e-cash and don't have one of these fancy new debit cards. Always forget to draw out cash!

As soon as I heard ecash was being phased out I told myself I'll go to the bank and upgrade my account so I could get a contact less card. I've had 3 months and still not got round to it:facepalm::facepalm::wrong::wrong:

There have been times I've had to log on to the wifi at the ground and top up in dicks bar because I've forgotten to top up or go to a cash point so you're not alone!

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne
Also don't have a contactless card. Don't want one either.

Always used e cash. I think it's a shame it's been killed off.

Bladders

Twats everywhere
Jun 22, 2012
The Troubadour
Can i use it in the club shop to buy an overpriced shirt?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here