Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Zamora Not In the Squad Tomorrow?

Munchkin

Jul 12, 2005
Littlehampton
I would suggest following the last press release from the club.

BZ will be introduced to the supporters before tomorrow's game along with our other new signings.

That to me is a peculiar move and something that is obviously to appease the fans that have come following his signing.

I may be wrong of course.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
As mentioned on the other thread

4 others ?

We've signed 3 others + Harper + Hambo

So why either Harper or Hambo introduced ? why not both ? ???

Maybe it's neither...

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
As mentioned on the other thread

4 others ?

We've signed 3 others + Harper + Hambo

So why either Harper or Hambo introduced ? why not both ? ???

Maybe it's neither...

Stupidly I forgot Maenpaa, so 4 means no more :(

spence

British and Proud
Oct 15, 2014
Crawley
Of course he won't be in the match squad He is miles away from full fitness after having very little pre season training. You might see him nearer the end of the month

Last edited:

E

Eric Youngs Contact Lense

Just can't see him being involved in the squad tomorrow. No pre-season, no real time to train with the team. They won't want to risk minutes on the pitch to get fit just yet? We all want it of course, but also let's not forget new striker to the club in Tomar will need our support as well!

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester
Of course he want be in the match squad He is miles away from full fitness after having very little pre season training. You might see him nearer the end of the month

Hopefully he's been looking after himself on the fitness front. May not be fully 'match fit' - I can never quite understand what that means - but possibly fit enough for to play for 15 mins at the end.

Monsieur Le Plonk

Lethargy in motion
Apr 22, 2009
By a lake
You are reading a bit too much into that I reckon.
I don't think he'll be in the squad but I don't get that from reading what the club have put out. They want to sell more tickets, they aren't going to admit that the star attraction is not even on the bench. Hope I'm wrong as I'd love to see him get some minutes too.

skipper734

Registered ruffian
Aug 9, 2008
Curdridge
Football certainly has changed. Footballers nearly always came bottom of things like Superstars. On second thoughts, most probably would today.

Jimmy Grimble

Be crazy not to have him on the bench just to lift the crowd, even if there is no chance of him featuring.

ATFC Seagull

Aberystwyth Town FC
Jul 27, 2004
(North) Portslade
Be crazy not to have him on the bench just to lift the crowd, even if there is no chance of him featuring.

This. The squad isn't exactly bursting at the seams either.

skipper734

Registered ruffian
Aug 9, 2008
Curdridge
Kevin Keegan kept winning it. But he was probably the exception.

He'd finished playing by then hadn't he. Nathan is also probably all round fitter than most of the squad, as he appears to run to work every day. :salute:

spence

British and Proud
Oct 15, 2014
Crawley

No need to. He will be shown to the crowd before the match. I don't like COG but we have to be realistic here and he needs to take a place on the bench. We can't afford to carry players.

Zamora can watch from the stands but he will get his chance soon hopefully.

TSB

Captain Hindsight
Jul 7, 2003
Lansdowne Place, Hove
I would suggest following the last press release from the club.

BZ will be introduced to the supporters before tomorrow's game along with our other new signings.

That to me is a peculiar move and something that is obviously to appease the fans that have come following his signing.

I may be wrong of course.

I would suggest that, whether he is or isn't in the squad tomorrow, you've completely misinterpreted the press release.

atomised

Mar 21, 2013
To me, following that logic, hemed, bong and rosenior won't be in the squad either

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here