Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Iran – Deal or No Deal

Should the US congress back Obama’s deal with Iran?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

symyjym

Banned
Nov 2, 2009
Brighton / Hove actually
Michael T. Flynn, former head of the US Defense Intelligence Agency, gets owned by Mehdi Hasan on how to deal with Iran.

This is a must see video. Skip to 23:15

https://youtu.be/GaqICPPokhw

He keeps on going on about Irans bad behaviour and disregarding America and Britains key role in the 1953 coup which ousted Iran's democratically elected Prime Minister, Mohammad Mossadeq. Purely because Iran planned to nationalise the oil industry. And the forgotten story of the shooting down of Iran Air Flight 655 in 1988.

There has been so called "bad behaviour" on both sides and all this patronising and finger pointing is out of touch and just plain ignorant.

glasfryn

cleaning up cat sick
Nov 29, 2005
somewhere in Eastbourne
jaw,jaw not war,war
and we need friends in the middle east now

spence

British and Proud
Oct 15, 2014
Crawley
Obviously.

The options are either diplomacy or war. It's a no brainer for anyone without various other agendas.

Iran can be an extremely important ally to the West. It is a progressive country with many educated people and, unlike our other allies Saudi Arabia, it respects other religions. The tragedy is that this level of diplomacy wasn't achieved years ago, instead they were left with crippling economic sanctions which only harmed its people and the impeded the modernisation of the country.
One of your better posts regarding Muslim countries

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Iran may not be our favourite nation, but a treaty is a good start towards, perhaps not friendship, but at least non-hostility.

looney

Banned
Jul 7, 2003
You blame Iran for actions of the Libyan Embassy?

Iranian Embassy Siege, funding international terrorism, abducting Royal navy vessel, Revolutionary State with a Messianic Credo, Obtaining Nukes, threatened to wipe Israel of the face of the world, calls UK Little satan. A modern progressive state that lynches Homos from Cranes.

Yea whats not to like about Iran

looney

Banned
Jul 7, 2003
What a surprise [MENTION=277]looney[/MENTION] has gone no deal :lolol:

No suprise at the votes really. Ive kind of broken a rule coming on here Midday, thats when the unemployable, uneducated and mentally ill are posting away. The sensible posters will be along after 5pmish, untill then I expect to be patronised by clueless people, oh look youve started even before I posted!

daveinprague

Oct 1, 2009
Prague, Czech Republic
Iranian Embassy Siege, funding international terrorism, abducting Royal navy vessel, Revolutionary State with a Messianic Credo, Obtaining Nukes, threatened to wipe Israel of the face of the world, calls UK Little satan. A modern progressive state that lynches Homos from Cranes.

Yea whats not to like about Iran

Iranian Embassy siege? Thats pretty laughable on its own.

Probably keep me giggling until the end of the working day. Thank you, and well done.

Sponsoring Intl terrorism? Unlike the USA? Really?

Abducted a Royal Naval vessel? You mean they arrested a boat full of British sailors and Marines that had strayed into Iranian waters?

They execute Gays. Ill give you that, although, being gay in a host of African countries, will get you pretty much the same result.

What 'nukes' have they obtained?

Egypt also threatened Israel in the past, and acted on it.

Little Satan? For bending over backwards for the USA. Why not.

Last edited:

symyjym

Banned
Nov 2, 2009
Brighton / Hove actually
No suprise at the votes really. Ive kind of broken a rule coming on here Midday, thats when the unemployable, uneducated and mentally ill are posting away. The sensible posters will be along after 5pmish, untill then I expect to be patronised by clueless people, oh look youve started even before I posted!

Or working from home ???

daveinprague

Oct 1, 2009
Prague, Czech Republic
Got to love somebody calling others on the board clueless, when they blame the Iranian government for an attack on its Embassy by anti Iranian government terrorists. Brillitant.

alfredmizen

Banned
Mar 11, 2015
Got to love somebody calling others on the board clueless, when they blame the Iranian governement for an attack on its Embassy. Brillitant.
we all make mistakes dave even me and looney, remember when you told us all about iraq's majority sunni population ?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here