Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Cricket] Fourth Ashes Test - England v Australia - Trent Bridge

Titanic

Super Moderator
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
West Sussex
England leading the 5 match Ashes series 2-1 after wins at Cardiff and Edgbaston.

England Squad: AN Cook*, MM Ali, JM Bairstow, IR Bell, SCJ Broad, JC Buttler†, ST Finn, MHA Footitt, A Lyth, LE Plunkett, AU Rashid, JE Root, BA Stokes, MA Wood

Australia Squad: MJ Clarke*, SPD Smith, PJ Cummins, Fawad Ahmed, BJ Haddin†, JR Hazlewood, MG Johnson, NM Lyon, MR Marsh, SE Marsh, PM Nevill†, CJL Rogers, PM Siddle, MA Starc, AC Voges, DA Warner, SR Watson

With Jimmy Anderson out with a side injury, Wood looks likely to partner Broad, Finn and Stokes in the England attack.

big nuts

Jan 15, 2011
Hove
Nervous and excited, I don't start work until 12:30 so I'll be able to watch the first hour.

Cloudy day in Nottingham which means both captains will have doubts over whether to bat or bowl first.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patreon
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
Working from home but with a report to get out so TMS on and off will be my friend for the day. Just hope that whatever we're doing we win the first session. Think that was crucial at Edgbaston and a similar performance on the pitch and in the stands will see us win back the Ashes.

Still too close to call though. With Anderson missing and a fragile opener this could go either way.

Titanic

Super Moderator
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
West Sussex
Cricinfo: "The early news this morning is that it's an overcast start to the day in Nottingham. The pitch is expected to have some life, but the local knowledge - and the stats - say that it is a bat-first ground. Another tricky toss looms. Maybe a good one to lose, again.
George Dobell reports: "Seems pitch is a bit soft. Spikes go right in. So may well be an insert pitch. That's Bumble's view anyway. And groundsman's. Expected to harden on day 2 and 3."

Tricky one to call by the sound of it... but it will come down to individual performances whatever the conditions!

pasty

A different kind of pasty
Jul 5, 2003
West, West, West Sussex
WAS nervous, until [MENTION=36]Titanic[/MENTION] did the business.

:clap2:

Same. Woke up in fear and trepidation this morning until I saw who'd started this thread. When we win this test, and as a result, win the Ashes, I shall be emailing the ECB informing them of [MENTION=36]Titanic[/MENTION] 's no small part in our glorious victory :lolol:

Monsieur Le Plonk

Lethargy in motion
Apr 22, 2009
By a lake
What's the feeling re toss. Clarke likes to bat first whatever. Cook likely to have a bowl in the unlikelihood that he wins it?

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Pitch is green. Conditions cloudy. Both top orders are flaky (and I'm a bowler). I'd definitely insert if I won the toss.

pasty

A different kind of pasty
Jul 5, 2003
West, West, West Sussex
I just hope this test follows the pattern of the last three. I'm WFH today and tomorrow, but I absolutely have to be in the office in London on Monday, so a potential nightmare scenario of missing the win :down:

edna krabappel

NSC Patreon
Jul 7, 2003
Can we use the term "put the opposition in"?

All this "inserting" is putting me off my morning cuppa.

edna krabappel

NSC Patreon
Jul 7, 2003
I just hope this test follows the pattern of the last three. I'm WFH today and tomorrow, but I absolutely have to be in the office in London on Monday, so a potential nightmare scenario of missing the win :down:

I'm more interested in England's recent Test record of WLWLWLWLW.

Fine if it continues that way, then the Ashes are ours. But I'd still prefer to knock them over at Trent Bridge & earn the urn as quickly as possible.

Titanic

Super Moderator
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
West Sussex
England confirm Mark Wood for Jimmy Anderson is the only change... and expect him to take the new ball.

And Australia drop Mitchell Marsh for Shaun Marsh... Clarke will bat at five.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here