Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Peter Wards Return

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Scored the goal in the FA Cup replay at Newcastle that set us on the road to Wembley

Cheshire Cat

The most curious thing..
I think he might have lost a bit of pace in the past three decades.

The Andy Naylor Fan Club

Aug 31, 2012
Right Here, Right Now
Who remembers Peter Wards return, came back on leave to see him against West Ham, Frank Lampard got sent off. Remember bumping into Fozzie and Jimmy Case the night before at Coasters, at 2.00 am!!!!

Blimey, to think Frank is still playing soccer and now plays for New York City. :D

tiberious

Nov 3, 2009
The earth
Coasters closed at 1AM, it was cheaper to get in than the other large clubs in the area.

from talking to a guy in the swan that ran the players bar this is not a surprise. he can tell you who was the best drinker of them all. bit sad I know but he does have wardy's home number in the US

Spanish Seagulls

Nov 18, 2007
Ladbroke Grove
Scored the goal in the FA Cup replay at Newcastle that set us on the road to Wembley

I thought he wasn't in the team for the FA Cup that season due to Clough not wanting him cup tied*. ?Was he not on loan or am I getting it mixed Up?
Clough cost him and us because he was an old git.

catfish

North Stand Brighton Boy
Dec 17, 2010
Worthing
I thought he wasn't in the team for the FA Cup that season due to Clough not wanting him cup tied*. ?Was he not on loan or am I getting it mixed Up?
Clough cost him and us because he was an old git.

He played against Newcastle & Liverpool but was recalled by Cloughie and didn't play in the later rounds.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here