Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Will BZ play on Friday night?

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patreon
Aug 8, 2005
I'm going for him being on the bench, coming on after 65 minutes.

Frutos

Helpful Moderator
NSC Patreon
May 3, 2006
Northumberland
Bench I reckon, but even if not in the squad he will be introduced on the pitch either pre-kickoff or at half-time.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
I'm going for no, hoping for on the bench.

If I was CH I would stick him on the bench and just get him to warm up every now and then to get the crowd going, even if he is nowhere ready to play, it is worth it CH trust me!
Not bad thinking, but I think he might just get a cameo 5 minutes at the end.

Uh_huh_him

Sep 28, 2011
In his interview he said he needed some minutes under his belt to get his fitness back.
Surely that can only be from comng on as sub in the next few games...

Seems to me to be a waste to put him in Dev squad games, he's not coming back from a long term injury.
Secondly the club want to get a better atmosphere going at the Amex. That's a big part of the rationale behind signing Bobby.

I think he will come on for 15 minutes or so

StonehamPark

#Brighton-Nil
Oct 30, 2010
BC, Canada
Hughton yesterday said he was a long way off full fitness so I'm very doubtful for Friday even though I'd love him to come on for the last 25-30 minutes.

martin tyler

Jan 25, 2013
Only real way to get match fit is play matches. I do not expect him to start but a 10 minute cameo at the end would be good. Just him being there will give the crowd a big lift so I expect him to be on the bench

symyjym

Banned
Nov 2, 2009
Brighton / Hove actually
The only stripes he will be wearing will be on his pinstriped suit.

Hughton won't be interested in all this sentimental stuff, he will keep us and BZ waiting. He may get a few minutes against Southend but I can see him playing some Dev matches over the next 3 or 4 weeks.

SIMMO SAYS

Jul 31, 2012
Incommunicado
On his Talksport interview this morning(curtailed due to dodgy signal) he said he wasn't match fit yet.At least a couple of weeks

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patreon
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
75th minute, and last minute winner following a goal mouth scramble.

The legend continues.

At the after match interview Don Goodman awards MoM to Archie Gemmill, as he does not want a Brighton player to get it. Meanwhile BZ is still doing a lap of honour a la CMS.

Diablo

NSC Patreon
Sep 22, 2014
lewes
On his Talksport interview this morning(curtailed due to dodgy signal) he said he wasn't match fit yet.At least a couple of weeks

What do they do pre season then ? Surely Footballer of Prem/Championship standard should be match fit at the start of the season..I reckon it`s all hype to get us to think he won`t be playing..I will like most be dissappointed he doesn`t feature at all.

Paul Reids Sock

Nov 3, 2004
Paul Reids boot
I reckon he will be on the bench but will only come on if we have the game secured or need to throw on a striker in the last 5-10 minutes to try and grab an equaliser.

There's no point in jeopardising a point or three just for the sentiment. As much as we would love it now, if he got half hour or so and wasn't up to scratch it would ruin the home coming

Thunder Bolt

Ordinary Supporter
What do they do pre season then ? Surely Footballer of Prem/Championship standard should be match fit at the start of the season..I reckon it`s all hype to get us to think he won`t be playing..I will like most be dissappointed he doesn`t feature at all.

Pre-season consists of pointless games against Lewes, Crawley, Aberdeen, Gillingham and some no mark 4th tier Swiss team. He's missed out on all of those. It isn't just physical fitness but getting your eye in for team mates, movement and creating chances.

elwheelio

Amateur Sleuth
Jan 24, 2006
Brighton
I'd love to see him on the bench on Friday but I'd be amazed if he is. He's not fit and it'll be a week or two 'til we see him in the stripes again I reckon.

South Stand Rebel

Sep 6, 2012
Will not start for at least two to three weeks. Will probably get ten minutes here or there after the third game. Will be welcomed back to the crowd before Friday's game. in my opinion, that is.

SIMMO SAYS

Jul 31, 2012
Incommunicado

He said he has been training on his own and then the signal went doolally :mad:

Phat Baz 68

Get a ****ing life mate !
Apr 16, 2011
Well to be honest if he is as unfit as Houghton keeps telling him and us, then realistically we shouldn't even see him on the bench for at least 4\5 weeks.
He will be be there obviously to a rapturous mental welcome, but surely would be unfair on the other " fit " strikers wouldn't it ?

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
I'm going for no, hoping for on the bench.

If I was CH I would stick him on the bench and just get him to warm up every now and then to get the crowd going, even if he is nowhere ready to play, it is worth it CH trust me!
I agree with this. The mere sight of him running down the line to warm up will lift the crowd. and as a result the team also.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here