15 months' jail or buy a rival kit?

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
1860 Munich fans face Bayern Munich shopping trip or jail

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/33790465

"I wanted to show that football is football and not a battlefield."
These are the words of judge Karin Jung, who gave two 1860 Munich fans the choice to buy Bayern merchandise for a fan they attacked - or spend 15 months in jail.
The defendants, who refused to name a third person involved when they ripped the jacket, shirt and straw hat off the Bayern fan last year, opted for the pride-swallowing trip to the rival club store.
"I thought about what would be really painful to them, and doing something like this really bothers this type of people," Jung - who got the victim's consent for the quirky sentence - told Bild newspaper.
This was no cheap shopping trip though as according to their lawyer, the accused parted with around £350 each in compensation.

Blimey 2 Albion fans could buy Selhurst for £700.

Paul Reids Sock

Nov 3, 2004
Paul Reids boot
I'm assuming they were made aware of how much they had to spend? If not, and they just bought what they had broken then I think we have found how German football clubs can have such cheap season tickets

Gabbafella

Aug 22, 2012
I'm too pretty for jail. Wouldn't take long before my arse would look like a vintage golf bag!!
Buy the damn shirt and burn it straight after.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
But we've all paid plenty of money to palace over the years... I think they call it tax?

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
I don't know why the last sentence was cut short:-

This was no cheap shopping trip though as according to their lawyer, the accused parted with around £350 each in compensation as well as handing over a Bayern hat, scarf and jersey in court.

Jesus Gul

Feb 23, 2004
The bayern shop is next door to the 1860 shop. Hardly a punishment. The judge is quite fruity though

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here