Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Internet Witch Hunt for Mr Palmer

Should Mr Palmer have been vilified for his part in the death of Cecil

• Total voters

narly101

Feb 16, 2009
London
Reading across t'interweb over the last few days about the killing of Cecil by Mr Palmer and his subsequent Internet Witch Hunt, I wondered whether NSC had a viewpoint on the matter?

Brian Fantana

Oct 8, 2006
In the field
If this thread goes the way of the last one on animal rights (the dog eating festival in China), I'd strap yourself in.

As it goes personally, I think the prick deserves everything he gets. There is a huge difference between killing animals to eat as opposed to just for sport.

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
people voting against seem to overlook or unaware that hunting in dedicated reserves continues and is largly responsible for conservation of the wildlife. apparently there are more African land and animals in hunting parks than non-hunting nature reserves.

and anyone wishing suffering upon him and his family is worse than Mr Palmer.

KZNSeagull

Nov 26, 2007
Wolsingham, County Durham
Firstly, the Zim authorities will ensure that this was an illegal hunt (even if it was "legal" in the first place).

Secondly, what has not been debated much yet is the culling of animals as part of conservation. This clearly was not part of that, but it happens a lot and is equally distasteful. Visit any game reserve and they will tell you that it is necessary, sadly. My view, which I am sure many will not like, is that if people desperately feel the need to shoot an animal (I certainly do not), then it should be done as part of this which would stop it being the big business that hunting is. Offer a hunter anywhere a lot of money and you can get to shoot anything you like. Doing it as part of conservation in a controlled way will remove that.

symyjym

Banned
Nov 2, 2009
Brighton / Hove actually
people voting against seem to overlook or unaware that hunting in dedicated reserves continues and is largly responsible for conservation of the wildlife. apparently there are more African land and animals in hunting parks than non-hunting nature reserves.

and anyone wishing suffering upon him and his family is worse than Mr Palmer.

Anyone who desires the thrill of big game trophy hunting is an ignorant egotistical coward. I don't wish him or his family any harm, just for him to feel like he is being hunted and hounded for the rest of his life.

topbanana36

Dec 29, 2007
New Zealand
Think the world should be more concerned about the children killed, raped and mutilated on a daily basis than a ****** lion. What a warped society a fluffy ball of fur is killed there is outrage! a kid is starved, raped and killed by boko harem on a daily basis meh! priorities eh! Nigeria, Kenya, Sudan and Somalia for starters. https://childrenandarmedconflict.un.org/countries/somalia/

Last edited:

looney

Banned
Jul 7, 2003
Think the world should be more concerned about the children killed, raped and mutilated on a daily basis than a ****** lion. What a warped society a fluffy ball of fur is killed there is outrage! a kid is starved, raped and killed by boko harem on a daily basis meh! priorities eh! Nigeria, Kenya, Sudan and Somalia for starters. https://childrenandarmedconflict.un.org/countries/somalia/

Agree with this, there seems an undercurrent of "Great white hunter" and "Liberal guilt" in all this, also theres a growing issue of people seeking an issue to be outraged about as a cover/excuse to attack people over the internet.

My veiw is that this sort of thing will prob go the same way as I'm guessing anonymous will. In that one day they will bite of more than they can chew and find themselves picked up in dawn raids or floating face down in the river if its Russian or a less liberal country.

So could Ricky Gervais be arrested for inciting violence if someone has a pop at the dentist bloke? I think its ony a matter of time.

Nibble

Jan 3, 2007

Yes, because one is only capable of being outraged at one thing at a time. It's a shame because I would like to be outraged at child rape too but you're saying that's not an option. Hmm, quite the pickle.

That "fluffy ball of fur" as you call it is an endangered species, it's extinction would alter the way the world works.

But I suppose down to the brass tacks. There's a lot more kids in the world than there are lions in the wild.

glasfryn

cleaning up cat sick
Nov 29, 2005
somewhere in Eastbourne
should be a man hunt
the killing was bad enough but wounding and following Cecil for 40 hours while he was in pain then killing him, beheading him and skinning him :tosser:
yep a man hunt and even that to good for that Bar steward

Brian Fantana

Oct 8, 2006
In the field
Yes, because one is only capable of being outraged at one thing at a time. It's a shame because I would like to be outraged at child rape too but you're saying that's not an option. Hmm, quite the pickle.

That "fluffy ball of fur" as you call it is an endangered species, it's extinction would alter the way the world works.

But I suppose down to the brass tacks. There's a lot more kids in the world than there are lions in the wild.

This.

This one or the other nonsense is totally pathetic.

symyjym

Banned
Nov 2, 2009
Brighton / Hove actually

I think you need the "Internet Witch Hunt for Child abusers and murderers" thread. This one is about Cecil.

glasfryn

cleaning up cat sick
Nov 29, 2005
somewhere in Eastbourne
I think you need the "Internet Witch Hunt for Child abusers and murderers" thread. This one is about Cecil.

think thats already happening

Nibble

Jan 3, 2007

Quite.
Besides which Boko Harem are very elusive and there isn't much news to tell but I'm sure one could read about it everyday on the internet if one so wished?
I don't understand how a daily, mainstream media update on Boko Harem's starvations, rapes and killings would work. Just a tally at the top of The Daily Mail each day? Same headline each day?

symyjym

Banned
Nov 2, 2009
Brighton / Hove actually
Quite.
Besides which Boko Harem are very elusive and there isn't much news to tell but I'm sure one could read about it everyday on the internet if one so wished?
I don't understand how a daily, mainstream media update on Boko Harem's starvations, rapes and killings would work. Just a tally at the top of The Daily Mail each day? Same headline each day?

Yep, and we can comment about how appalled and disgusted we are with it on a daily basis so to not come across as being heartless.

Justice

Dangerous Idiot
Jun 21, 2012
Born In Shoreham
lion.jpg

brakespear

Doctor Worm
Feb 24, 2009
Sleeping on the roof

Spot on - the way some people seem to think you can only be concerned by one thing at a time is ridiculous.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here