Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Championship Previews In Their Own Words

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
http://thetilehurstend.sbnation.com...-part-1?_ga=1.213327060.1754537329.1428318629

Once again Reading site The Tilehurst End has asked a blogger or fanzine writer from each club to assess their chances in the upcoming season. We're in the first group (yes, ok, I did write it, shameless self-promoter that I am) but for anyone worried about our transfer business the Bolton section in particular makes interesting reading.

Daffy Duck

Stop bloody moaning!
Nov 7, 2009
GOSBTS
Thanks, Guinness Boy. Quite an interesting read, but I would have been a bit naughty when asked about Reading, and just said, "don't give a s**t".

Munkfish

May 1, 2006
I would Imagine they know all about Rosenior. Good write up though obviously Pre - Bobby news.

Reading that I have realised the news of Bobby has drastically changed my outlook on the season and I best be ready for some sort of come down in the next few weeks when reality hits.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Thanks, Guinness Boy. Quite an interesting read, but I would have been a bit naughty when asked about Reading, and just said, "don't give a s**t".

I inherited the gig from the TSLR boys and have done a few previews for them. It's a good site with a lot of interesting content and Dan the editor seems a very nice chap. However, I do find myself racking my brains when I'm asked for an opinion on Reading because, even though I know I'll be asked, I still never remember much about them. I expect they'd say the same about us TBF.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
I would Imagine they know all about Rosenior. Good write up though obviously Pre - Bobby news.

Reading that I have realised the news of Bobby has drastically changed my outlook on the season and I best be ready for some sort of come down in the next few weeks when reality hits.

Yes, written pre-Bobby but posted afterwards. I honestly think it's those signings to come that will make all the difference.

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA

daveinprague

Oct 1, 2009
Prague, Czech Republic
Seems like another one who thinks Harper is a development squad player..i dont believe he is, he is in the full squad, and the only reason the development squad was mentioned was in relation to him having a couple of matches with them to get up to speed. I think he is the 'Tex' replacement.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
I thought his reply about reading was funny. I assume the word they ***** out started with a c and ended with an s.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Seems like another one who thinks Harper is a development squad player..i dont believe he is, he is in the full squad, and the only reason the development squad was mentioned was in relation to him having a couple of matches with them to get up to speed. I think he is the 'Tex' replacement.

There's no way he's going to start in the first team at the start of the season because he's injured. Simple as. Once up to the same level of match fitness as everyone else he'll need a few U21 games to get used to the pace of English football and by then he'll be ready for the bench and, I should think, regular 1st team football post Christmas. If we don't take a number 10 type of player on loan for at least three months we'll be doing without one.

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
Nice to see reviews from supporters of the individual clubs. Especially those with relatively rational dispositions.

Perhaps folk should take more notice of such things, rather than the Four Four Two esque uninformed drivel.

Last edited:

knocky1

Jan 20, 2010
Agree with all. Great to get the fans write ups. An honest and as it is from GB. Optimism there as well. Get it right and we are back up near the top.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here