Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Anybody want Half price Sky for 12 months?

Philzo-93

Jan 17, 2009
North Stand
Wont cost you a penny as Virgin have yet again broken your contract by upping the price, I think you have 28 days to move without any penalties.

Really? I thought if they send in any reference via post or email then it does not breach the terms of the contract?

Justice

Dangerous Idiot
Jun 21, 2012
Born In Shoreham
Really? I thought if they send in any reference via post or email then it does not breach the terms of the contract?

Not according to Virgin when I contacted them a couple of months ago, the only reason I didn't leave was because Sky broadband is cack in my area.

StonehamPark

#Brighton-Nil
Oct 30, 2010
BC, Canada
Wont cost you a penny as Virgin have yet again broken your contract by upping the price, I think you have 28 days to move without any penalties.

That's if your out of your initial 12-24 month contract though.

If a customer is say 12 months into a 24 month contract, they'll still have to pay 12 months worth fees.

Justice

Dangerous Idiot
Jun 21, 2012
Born In Shoreham
That's if your out of your initial 12-24 month contract though.

If a customer is say 12 months into a 24 month contract, they'll still have to pay 12 months worth fees.
All I know is we had four months to go and could of left without penalties because they hiked up the price.

Official Old Man

Uckfield Seagull
Aug 27, 2011
Brighton
Living in the countryside means there's no Virgin so Sky have me trapped. Been with them since day 1 and no offers for loyalty. Did move my broadband to a cheaper deal.

Marty___Mcfly

I see your wicked plan - I’m a junglist.
Sep 14, 2011
Good (old) tip for Sky- always call and threaten to leave to get a better deal when you're 12 month contract has run its course. I joined Sky with a great deal (80% off for a year), that ran out, I called them and said I was thinking of leaving, so they offered 35% off, which isn't as good, but does save me about £30 per month. Just for asking.

brighton_girl87

Jul 18, 2006
Not for the new BT sport channel?

I only have the most basic tv package. I still pay £40 a month for M tv package, tivo box and 100mb broadband - which seems ridiculous!

I just had a chat with someone at Virgin who said Sky's internet was really awful. I know they are obviously just trying to prevent me from leaving but my internet with Virgin is excellent, which is vital as I work from home. Tricky!

The Kid Frankie

Sep 5, 2012
Got the code and so one but when I go to the basket its still charging me full wack (I have entered the individual code). Starting to piss me off now.

Justice

Dangerous Idiot
Jun 21, 2012
Born In Shoreham
I only have the most basic tv package. I still pay £40 a month for M tv package, tivo box and 100mb broadband - which seems ridiculous!

I just had a chat with someone at Virgin who said Sky's internet was really awful. I know they are obviously just trying to prevent me from leaving but my internet with Virgin is excellent, which is vital as I work from home. Tricky!
Cam girl? :lolol:

Ludensian Gull

Apr 18, 2009
Thorpness Suffolk
Living in the countryside means there's no Virgin so Sky have me trapped. Been with them since day 1 and no offers for loyalty. Did move my broadband to a cheaper deal.

We also have the same problem regarding virgin, but have had a half price deal with sky for the last 8months. Started off giving me 20 % discount then when I said I was going to have to cancel due to finances being tight they offered me half price for a yr. Worth ringing them mate.

brighton_girl87

Jul 18, 2006
I've gone for it. After calling up Sky to ask them about the broadband, they also gave me a 1/3 off the quoted line rental, increased the internet from Unlimited Broadband to Fibre Unlimited AND said they will reimburse the Virgin Media cancellation fee!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here