Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Singing Section

Munchkin

Jul 12, 2005
Littlehampton
Just wondered how many people have moved to the proposed 'singing section' in the Central back area of the North Stand as per the clubs communication a couple of months back ?

Are the group under the police box relocating or are we in for another season of moaning about who sings what, who's the loudest and who sings over who ?

Liked the logic of a Central singing area, just wondered if there's any progress in achieving it ?

Really feel a positive and noisy atmosphere from the WHOLE of the North Stand could make a big difference this year, but still believe that can only happen if it's orchestrated from one large group !

albionite

May 20, 2009
Just wondered how many people have moved to the proposed 'singing section' in the Central back area of the North Stand as per the clubs communication a couple of months back ?

Are the group under the police box relocating or are we in for another season of moaning about who sings what, who's the loudest and who sings over who ?

Liked the logic of a Central singing area, just wondered if there's any progress in achieving it ?

Really feel a positive and noisy atmosphere from the WHOLE of the North Stand could make a big difference this year, but still believe that can only happen if it's orchestrated from one large group !
They did? How will all the singers move to that area unless they remove who was already there? Pretty sure those at Central back of north stand had first choice after withdean years.

Munchkin

Jul 12, 2005
Littlehampton
I may be wrong but I'm pretty sure a letter went out to everyone in those sections at the end of last season with a proposal of a new 'singing section'

Al Bion

What's that in my dustbin
Sep 3, 2004
Up North
I'm already in the singing section. The club wrote to all existing season ticket holders in the area quite a while ago to say that your seat would now be in the singing area and to contact them if you'd prefer to move. As I chose my seat there originally specifically because I wanted to be behind the goal and sing, I took no notice of the letter but I assume anyone wanting to move in could take advantage of any of the seats not already taken.

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
I'm already in the singing section. The club wrote to all existing season ticket holders in the area quite a while ago to say that your seat would now be in the singing area and to contact them if you'd prefer to move. As I chose my seat there originally specifically because I wanted to be behind the goal and sing, I took no notice of the letter but I assume anyone wanting to move in could take advantage of any of the seats not already taken.

In which case you are one seat away from the 'Barber Out' section!

rippleman

Oct 18, 2011
It would be interesting to know from someone in the PBC/NSK whether they a) wanted to move and, if so, b) whether the club has allowed them to move.

I think I recall something that they wanted to move last season but the club wouldn't let them.

I really do hope that the club has made it happen for those that want to join us and that come Friday evening we'll all be singing together (and that the stewards have been given a clear "hands off" instruction. Much as it makes me sick to say it, this is one area where CPFC do so much better than us. You NEVER see stewards stopping their singing / flag waving and we have to admit it does create a really good atmosphere)

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here