Ryan Kent

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patreon
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
Surely Harper would be a better idea?

If he was fit I would 100% agree but he's going to be out for a few weeks yet. A half season loan of "an AM" with Harper taking over if/when ready surely isn't out of the question? No idea if it will be Kent though (or who, if anyone).

Super Steve Earle

Feb 23, 2009
North of Brighton
It didn't work out very well last time we signed a player whose first name was Ryan. Anyway, this year we need more men rather than boys.

Justice

Dangerous Idiot
Jun 21, 2012
Born In Shoreham
Why no loans ? if used properly they can be an effective tool to help the squad
I'm not a fan of loan players unless they are trying to secure a contract. The reasons are do they put their body on the line for the club? do they really care if we win or lose? Derby turned to loans last season we all know what happened there, ourselves were not very good fielding half a team of loan players. Each to their own I guess.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Please no loans this season.

Why not ?

Wolves seem to be 'loan central' at the moment. Are they going down ? ???

We are supposedly wanting 5 new players, and it would be astounding if all 5 were permanent deals.

Nothing wrong with a decent season loan ( Bridge, Ward, Tex etc. )

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
FIVE???....

I reckon 3 max..... 1x experienced winger......1 maybe 2 centre halves if Dunk goes.
5 is what has been indicated in the Naylor / Zamora thread on NSC.

I was expecting 3 which would be 2 wingers and a centre back.

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patreon
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
I'm not a fan of loan players unless they are trying to secure a contract. The reasons are do they put their body on the line for the club? do they really care if we win or lose? Derby turned to loans last season we all know what happened there, ourselves were not very good fielding half a team of loan players. Each to their own I guess.

Exactly how I feel.

Bridge and Ward worked as they were effectively playing for their careers.

Felt all the others have been average or worse.

In terms of getting another youngster in, I'd prefer to see what Harper is like. If we are 'blooding' other teams youngsters, doesn't that send out the wrong message to our own?

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003

Well said. Some loans are good, but we definitely over-did it last season... Leon Best, anyone?

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here