Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Steve Sidwell

Up the albion

Aug 20, 2014
I was looking at people Kayal follows on Twitter and Sidwells name popped up and he was the only football player kayal followed who he has not worked with or is a major star, does it mean anything????

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Nah. Somebody suggested on Twitter last night that with Stockdale, Zamora and (he incorrectly thought) Aaron Hughes here, it was inevitable that Sidwell would pop up too.

Perhaps that's where the name has arisen from.

Bladders

Twats everywhere
Jun 22, 2012
The Troubadour
So why would Kayal randomly follow Sidwell?

Hero of his? ???

8ace

Banned
Jul 21, 2003
Brighton
He didn't play that many games for Stoke last season - so might want a move if it meant more time on the pitch.

7:18

Brighton & Hove Albion
Aug 6, 2006
Brighton, England
Someone would have to make way if signed him though, too many midfielders...

TSB

Captain Hindsight
Jul 7, 2003
Lansdowne Place, Hove
Someone would have to make way if signed him though, too many midfielders...

We're lacking in the Attacking Midfielder role and he has a house in Surrey, so I'd say that's a decent shout.
I'd have thought wages would be a big issue but I wouldn't rule out a loan by any stretch.

7:18

Brighton & Hove Albion
Aug 6, 2006
Brighton, England
We're lacking in the Attacking Midfielder role and he has a house in Surrey, so I'd say that's a decent shout.
I'd have thought wages would be a big issue but I wouldn't rule out a loan by any stretch.

Don't get me wrong I'd love to sign him, but I thought we were pretty solid through the center of midfield...does he play more the Tex role then? A good loan signing to buy Harper a year?

TSB

Captain Hindsight
Jul 7, 2003
Lansdowne Place, Hove
Don't get me wrong I'd love to sign him, but I thought we were pretty solid through the center of midfield...does he play more the Tex role then? A good loan signing to buy Harper a year?

It's a fair point!!
Well, from what I remember and the limited times I've seen him since, I'd say he's nothing whatsoever like Tex or Andrea or anyone we've had play that role in the last few years. But we're changing style it seems, so perhaps we'll be looking for a different type of player in that area?

I don't rate him at all, but Henri Lansbury does a job for Forest not unlike the role that I'd envisage Sidwell playing for us. Quite direct. Lots of long-range shots Physical. Decent passer. Imagine if Gary Gardner had been any good: that sort of player.
Judging by some of the positions that Beram was in against Sevilla, he may well do that job for us this year. Could do with competition though. And it would allow us to play three through the middle on occasions.

You'd have to think Holla or Jake were off for us to move for him though.

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
Loved him in his brief run out for us when Steve Coppell brought him in on loan from Arsenal way back when, Never really did as well as l expected him to since though, and not what l would really call an 'attacking' midfielder, and has never been a regular scorer.

Justice

Dangerous Idiot
Jun 21, 2012
Born In Shoreham
He does indeed has a place up the road from me.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Loved him in his brief run out for us when Steve Coppell brought him in on loan from Arsenal way back when, Never really did as well as l expected him to since though, and not what l would really call an 'attacking' midfielder, and has never been a regular scorer.
Have to pretty much agree with that (and yes, I do know that Zamora won't be the same as Zamora of twelve years ago; I'm not that thick).

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
It's a fair point!!
Well, from what I remember and the limited times I've seen him since, I'd say he's nothing whatsoever like Tex or Andrea or anyone we've had play that role in the last few years. But we're changing style it seems, so perhaps we'll be looking for a different type of player in that area?

I don't rate him at all, but Henri Lansbury does a job for Forest not unlike the role that I'd envisage Sidwell playing for us. Quite direct. Lots of long-range shots Physical. Decent passer. Imagine if Gary Gardner had been any good: that sort of player.
Judging by some of the positions that Beram was in against Sevilla, he may well do that job for us this year. Could do with competition though. And it would allow us to play three through the middle on occasions.

You'd have to think Holla or Jake were off for us to move for him though.

It was reported that Forest are probably going to take the money for Lansbury because they have Gary Gardner on loan for a year to replace him.

TSB

Captain Hindsight
Jul 7, 2003
Lansdowne Place, Hove

#ITK

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here