Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Micky Adams takes over at...

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patreon
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Serves him right. He had a (second) chance and blew it. I hope that's not a premonition . . . .

knocky1

Jan 20, 2010
I thought it was a double whammy. Mickey and Bobby coming home to Withdean.

Jolly Red Giant

Jul 11, 2015

Gullflyinghigh

Apr 23, 2012
He'll do fine, obviously didn't do too well here second time round but I'd always want him to be successful.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Serves him right. He had a (second) chance and blew it. I hope that's not a premonition . . . .

Whaddya mean "serves him right" ?

Might I remind you that Micky Adams was absolutely instrumental in pulling this club up by its bootstraps from its very lowest ebb. Added to the fact he personally went to the trouble of joining our march along the seafront during the campaign for Falmer WELL after he'd left the club for a Premier League job.

His 2nd spell here was an unmitigated disaster, nobody can dispute that. But he will always have my gratitude and respect for turning this club around from the utter joke it had become before he arrived, installing the spine of a team and a winning mentality that took us back to the Championship.

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
Sligo is a small town of less than 20,000 - Rovers are a community run club owned by the people of Sligo, well organised, don't run up debts or rely on a rich benefactor and regularly get gates in excess of 2,000.

I hope Adams brings them lots of success - they are a club who deserve it.

Absolutely, I know he has had a bad time of things in recent years, but l'll always have a soft spot for Micky. Who knows?, if things go well for him perhaps we'll see him back in charge of a Football League team again.

BUTTERBALL

East Stand Brighton Boyz
Jul 31, 2003
location location
M

Might I remind you that Micky Adams was absolutely instrumental in pulling this club up by its bootstraps from its very lowest ebb. Added to the fact he personally went to the trouble of joining our march along the seafront during the campaign for Falmer WELL after he'd left the club for a Premier League job.

His 2nd spell here was an unmitigated disaster, nobody can dispute that. But he will always have my gratitude and respect for turning this club around from the utter joke it had become before he arrived, installing the spine of a team and a winning mentality that took us back to the Championship.

I could not agree more. Anyone who says otherwise is seriously deluded.

timco

Jul 5, 2003
Birmingham
Mickey is another of those managers who got carried away with their own ego and went on somewhere else too soon. He had undoubted talents but needed to develop these further and to learn how to deal with things that were not going well. In his first spell with us he never had to deal with problems we played well week in week out and got two promotions. In his second spell we were not doing this and he did not have a clue what to do about this.

Our football under him was never the prettiest but it was effective for the leagues we were in thus we won.

I wish him the best but I think where he is, is simply down to overwhelming ambition which got him promoted beyond his ability too soon.

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest

Spot on sir!

matbha

Apr 13, 2014
Sligo is a small town of less than 20,000 - Rovers are a community run club owned by the people of Sligo, well organised, don't run up debts or rely on a rich benefactor and regularly get gates in excess of 2,000.

I hope Adams brings them lots of success - they are a club who deserve it.

Whoooo keep your wig on .

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here