Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

A Thank You From The Sevilla Game

halbpro

Jan 25, 2012
Brighton
So on Sunday I met my Dad before the Sevilla friendly and he mentioned he wasn't feeling all that well. I didn't think much of it until we walked up the steps by the shop to get to the West Stand Lower and he pretty much collapsed against the information post that's there. After a visit to the medical room and an eventual trip to A&E it was decided that a combination of his diabetes and blood pressure medication had lead to his blood pressure being so low that he fainted. He was moved up to one of the wards late on Sunday night and has, fortunately, been allowed to go home today, along with a referral to the Conquest Hospital in Hastings (where he lives) to get his diabetes under better control.

He'll be writing to the club to thank the work of the crowd doctor, St. John's Ambulance, the police and everyone involved in looking after him, but he's asked me to put out a thank you on here to the three bystanders who provided him, and me, with help initially. I have no idea who you three good Samaritans were, but one of you fetched the police and a medic, while the other two provided comfort and a bottle of water that was very gladly received; in fact he was sipping from the bottle for much of his stay in A&E.

I've no idea if they use North Stand Chat, but if they're reading this we'd both like to thank you from the bottom of our hearts. You were incredibly kind to a stranger and his mildly panicked son in need, and I cannot thank you enough for that.

On a slightly lighter note, my Dad did find it mildly frustrating that the medical room is close enough to the pitch to hear the roar from a goal but not make out the tannoy announcement telling you what happened.

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
So on Sunday I met my Dad before the Sevilla friendly and he mentioned he wasn't feeling all that well. I didn't think much of it until we walked up the steps by the shop to get to the West Stand Lower and he pretty much collapsed against the information post that's there. After a visit to the medical room and an eventual trip to A&E it was decided that a combination of his diabetes and blood pressure medication had lead to his blood pressure being so low that he fainted. He was moved up to one of the wards late on Sunday night and has, fortunately, been allowed to go home today, along with a referral to the Conquest Hospital in Hastings (where he lives) to get his diabetes under better control.

He'll be writing to the club to thank the work of the crowd doctor, St. John's Ambulance, the police and everyone involved in looking after him, but he's asked me to put out a thank you on here to the three bystanders who provided him, and me, with help initially. I have no idea who you three good Samaritans were, but one of you fetched the police and a medic, while the other two provided comfort and a bottle of water that was very gladly received; in fact he was sipping from the bottle for much of his stay in A&E.

I've no idea if they use North Stand Chat, but if they're reading this we'd both like to thank you from the bottom of our hearts. You were incredibly kind to a stranger and his mildly panicked son in need, and I cannot thank you enough for that.

On a slightly lighter note, my Dad did find it mildly frustrating that the medical room is close enough to the pitch to hear the roar from a goal but not make out the tannoy announcement telling you what happened.

Hoping your Dad continues his recovery and good to hear about the people that helped

SIMMO SAYS

Jul 31, 2012
Incommunicado

Sooner or later this will happen to me -- hopefully they won't recognise me as the old fella they have slung out twice :ohmy:

Brighton TID

Jul 24, 2005
Horsham

The Albion folk are one big family. Hope he's gonna be ok

Everest

Me
Jul 5, 2003
Southwick
Good to hear your Dad's OK.

It seems that if you're going to fall ill, do it at the Amex.
Terrific treatment there.

halbpro

Jan 25, 2012
Brighton
Thanks very much for all the kind words. I haven't seen him since he came out of hospital, but he's doing much better from what I've heard.

It seems that if you're going to fall ill, do it at the Amex.
Terrific treatment there.

Very much agree with this. Fantastically well taken care of, full work up including an ECG and the crowd doctor was a consultant at A&E so he rang through directly to the consultant at A&E and explained the situation to him. Nurse even took the time to sit down and explain what they knew of the situation to me. Really can't praise them enough.

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
Sooner or later this will happen to me -- hopefully they won't recognise me as the old fella they have slung out twice :ohmy:

You'll be slung out a third time in that case. Although in a somewhat more compassionate way.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here