Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

This isn't the same Bobby! . . .

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
Sorry to add a word of caution everybody . . .

But this isn't the same 'will o' the wisp' Bobby that we knew and loved from back in the early noughties. Look at the facts, he will be 35 next birthday, his knees are going, and h is at the tail end of his career. Yes we might get a year out of him, but he isn't going to score many goals, and he won't start every match.

The Premier League changed him anyway, he beefed up, put on weight, became stronger, and it gave him a better 'all round' game, but he was never as prolific a scorer as he was in his Withdean days.

Don't get me wrong, l still love Bobby, still think he will be a good signing, will add bags of experience to the front line and the dressing room, and will put extra bums on seats.

But please don't expect TOO much . . . that's all.

coagulantwolf

Jun 21, 2012
I don't think many people have ridiculous expectations of what Bobby will do on the pitch (I don't at least), but as the article posted elsewhere earlier, this move was a lot more than about just football.

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
I don't think many people have ridiculous expectations of what Bobby will do on the pitch (I don't at least), but as the article posted elsewhere earlier, this move was a lot more than about just football.

Yeah l totally agree, but from reading so many of the posts on here, many people seem to have such high expectations, and ones that he has no chance of meeting

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003

But this isn't the same 'will o' the wisp' Bobby that we knew and loved from back in the early noughties. Look at the facts, he will be 35 next birthday, his knees are going, and h is at the tail end of his career. Yes we might get a year out of him, but he isn't going to score many goals, and he won't start every match.

The Premier League changed him anyway, he beefed up, put on weight, became stronger, and it gave him a better 'all round' game, but he was never as prolific a scorer as he was in his Withdean days.

Don't get me wrong, l still love Bobby, still think he will be a good signing, will add bags of experience to the front line and the dressing room, and will put extra bums on seats.

No shit Sherlock? :shrug:

Tho compared to the inert and inert non-performances of the so-called 'strikers' of last season, more than happy to settle for a striker/legend who has shown he knows where the goal is :thumbsup:

albionite

May 20, 2009
Think we all know that.

I'm more looking at him as a hold up player he should be good for Baldocks style of play.
No idea how he will link up with Hemed. Anyway gives us a few more options if we can keep him fit.

StonehamPark

#Brighton-Nil
Oct 30, 2010
BC, Canada

Rubbish.

I WANT 35 goals this season or else I'll moan on here for a month or two regarding how better we should have spent our money before complaining in writing to Paul Barber.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Any fan with half a brain won't be expecting a huge amount and will just be excited to see him in the stripes again!

British Bulldog

The great escape
Feb 6, 2006

Has'nt Bobby said himself he's not the same player he was last time he was here?

Munkfish

May 1, 2006
Yes, that was just ONE goal though.

No one is expecting him to be the young Bobby Zamora of 2001. However I expect most have followed his career and know what his game is about these days. No one is expecting too much of him, but at the same time this is know token signing, he still has enough about him to easily hold his own in the championship. For me he could offer as much as Lambert who has just signed for West Brom.

He is a different player, not all about goals, but expect him to be a big part of the team.

Ⓩ-Ⓐ-Ⓜ-Ⓞ-Ⓡ-Ⓐ

Hove / Παρος
Apr 7, 2006
Hove / Παρος
Anyone who knows anything about football and has followed his career with even the mildest of interest will know that. Despite being less prolific I think it's safe to say he'll be the best link up player in this division next year and I'm sure he'll weigh in with a few goals too.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
It's a fair point from the OP. Most of us realise that, yes, but there will be some that expect too much.

Look at the bright side though - in a few months, when Bobby has less than 5 goals, Ernest will start a thread saying Zamora is past IT and that it WAS a waste of money etc etc. It's going to be hilarious and I, for one, can't wait.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Well read some of the many other threads on here, and you will see that the average Albion fan has a very low IQ.

Trust me, all football forums are exactly the same when it comes to characters / content / wind up accounts. In fact, most football clubs are, we just strive to be slightly different as do all clubs / fans...

Squeakseagull

Feb 25, 2009
My sentiments exactly. Welcome back Bobby! This is the ONLY news in the build up to the new season that has put a smile on my face.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here