Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

FourFourTwo championship predictions

Up the albion

Aug 20, 2014
image.jpg

Realistically I'd swap around Brighton and Preston, QPR and Birmigham and also IMO wolves should be nowhere near that top spot ???

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
I'm going to set myself up for a fall here:

That is one very poor prediction, I'd love to place a bet with them.

Should the unthinkable happen, I'm going to pretend I was talking about us finishing above MK dons.

Black Rod

Jan 19, 2013
We survived relegation by one place last season. So it is logical to think we will struggle again, especially as scoring goals and creating chances which was our main problem hasn't really been addressed effectively

WhingForPresident

NSC Patreon
Feb 23, 2009
Marlborough
This is what they predicted last season:

1 Wigan, 2 Norwich, 3 Reading, 4 Cardiff, 5 Blackburn, 6 Derby, 7 Brighton, 8 Fulham, 9 Nottingham Forest, 10 Watford, 11 Bournemouth, 12 Wolves, 13 Ipswich, 14 Middlesbrough, 15 Bolton, 16 Sheffield Wednesday, 17 Huddersfield Town, 18 Leeds United, 19 Millwall, 20 Rotherham United, 21 Birmingham City, 22 Brentford, 23 Charlton Athletic, 24 Blackpool.

So they predicted a relegated team to win the league, got one of the relegated teams (which was pretty ****ing obvious), none of the promoted teams (Norwich were play-offs) and none of the teams that made the play-offs.

martin tyler

Jan 25, 2013
Wigan, 2 Norwich, 3 Reading, 4 Cardiff, 5 Blackburn, 6 Derby, 7 Brighton, 8 Fulham, 9 Nottingham Forest, 10 Watford, 11 Bournemouth, 12 Wolves, 13 Ipswich, 14 Middlesbrough, 15 Bolton, 16 Sheffield Wednesday, 17 Huddersfield Town, 18 Leeds United, 19 Millwall, 20 Rotherham United, 21 Birmingham City, 22 Brentford, 23 Charlton Athletic, 24 Blackpool.

That was last years predictions which says it all I think. They thought we would finish 7th??

NooBHA

Jan 13, 2015
I can only imagine that they put the names in a hat and drew them out randomly because they obviously have not looked at it from a footballing perspective

Machiavelli

Oct 11, 2013
Fiveways
This is what they predicted last season:

1 Wigan, 2 Norwich, 3 Reading, 4 Cardiff, 5 Blackburn, 6 Derby, 7 Brighton, 8 Fulham, 9 Nottingham Forest, 10 Watford, 11 Bournemouth, 12 Wolves, 13 Ipswich, 14 Middlesbrough, 15 Bolton, 16 Sheffield Wednesday, 17 Huddersfield Town, 18 Leeds United, 19 Millwall, 20 Rotherham United, 21 Birmingham City, 22 Brentford, 23 Charlton Athletic, 24 Blackpool.

So they predicted a relegated team to win the league, got one of the relegated teams (which was pretty ****ing obvious), none of the promoted teams (Norwich were play-offs) and none of the teams that made the play-offs.

Just goes to show what an open league this is.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
When I read some of the posts on this thread, I had to go back and check that we actually DID sign Bobby Zamora last night!

Geez!

Tooting Gull

Jul 5, 2003
Looks to be quite a lot wrong with that predicted table. I thought we might struggle last season, but I expect us to be better this time.

What I would say in their defence is that I think this season could be very hard to call overall, mainly because of a few clubs who are really 'going for it' that could shake things up, with the bumper new PL TV deal cash on offer to the winners.

I think both Leeds and Reading will do better, maybe a lot better than that list though I agree with them Bristol City could do well. Derby and Boro could run away with the top two places.

8ace

Banned
Jul 21, 2003
Brighton
Racing Post goes:

1. Derby
2. Brentford
3. Middlesbrough
4. Burnley
5. Ipswich
6. Wolves
7. Nottingham Forest
8. QPR
9. Reading
10. Charlton
11. Bristol City
12. Fulham
13. Hull
14. Birmingham
15. Brighton
16. Cardiff
17. Huddersfield
18. Sheffield Wednesday :lol:
19. Dirty L**ds
20. Preston
21. Blackburn
22. Bolton
23. MK Mongs
24. Rotherham

Hastings gull

Nov 23, 2013
They had Wigan winning the league last year, should tell you all you need to know.

My thoughts entirely. I wonder if not you good self, anyone can dig out their predictions for the whole league last season, so that we can assess their ability to predict with any degree of accuracy.

Tooting Gull

Jul 5, 2003
I don't why everyone is saying Brentford will have such a good season. Their whole momentum has been destroyed, lost the management team, and some key players, They are a sell all day for me, and could even 'do a Brighton' from last season after previous good campaigns.

Hastings gull

Nov 23, 2013
My thoughts entirely. I wonder if not you good self, anyone can dig out their predictions for the whole league last season, so that we can assess their ability to predict with any degree of accuracy.

Sorry -just seen post 13. Many thanks for that.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here