Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

This Bobby-Fest Is Wonderfully Contagious

el punal

Last night I received numerous texts from fellow Albion loving fans that were more gushing than the announcement of a royal birth. So, being of the same mind I texted my daughter with "Bobby's coming back to Brighton!". The response from her was lovely - telling Harry (my grandson, who I'm taking to the game on Friday) who and what Bobby Zamora is all about.

You see, only Brighton fans would understand the emotion of this wonderful return. So now Harry is well versed in all things BZ.

I then phoned my wife, who is visiting our other daughter, of Bobby's homecoming. Expecting a perfunctory "Oh really, how nice.", I got an astonished "Nooo! That's unbelievable!"

And that dear friends, is how most Albion fans have greeted the news - UNBELIEVABLE. The euphoria probably won't last long, but in the meantime let's just lap it up and enjoy the moment. :O

7:18

Brighton & Hove Albion
Aug 6, 2006
Brighton, England
Even my gran said WOW and couldn't believe it...anyone who knows anything about the clubs seems to have been pleasantly caught up in all this!

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Most genuine feelgood factor since the opening of the Amex itself IMHO. When did we last look forward to the new season with such obvious RELISH?

Munkfish

May 1, 2006
My Mrs sent me a message on her lunch today which read... 'when the ball hits the net...' She hates the football. I fully expect her to want to come to a game this season now though.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
On me 'ead Bob

600fb9ebd291f6cdaa58b5f0ede39e43.jpg

Gullflyinghigh

Apr 23, 2012
My girlfriend, a Macclesfield fan (long story, she's not from there) with a soft spot for the Albion, will talk up His Bobbyness whenever he's mentioned due to a chance meeting between the two of them when she was but a child. Apparently, he was a thoroughly decent bloke, which has stuck with her.

With that in mind, you can imagine the joy in my house last night...at one point I was seriously questioning who was happier.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here