Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Jesse Lingard

casbom

Jul 24, 2007
Anyone else surprised that he might be off to Bristol City for £2.5m? I would have thought he would be the perfect signing to compete with Baldock for that second striker option

Have we missed a trick here?

Mowgli37

Enigmatic Asthmatic
Jan 13, 2013
Sheffield
Took him a little while to settle but on form he was excellent. I remember clinical finishes against Charlton, Yeovil and of course, against Derby in the play-offs.

Would be happy to see him back.

Wilko

LUZZING chairs about
Sep 19, 2003
BN1
I would get him in for that money because he will be worth even more in a few seasons. Bristol City? Sake.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
Whilst I do think Lingard is better than Baldock and COG, this is not currently part of the squad that needs major surgery now that Hemed, Hambo and Zamora are here.

If we are going to spend that sort of money, it needs to be for a winger or two, or a centre back.

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
Whilst I do think Lingard is better than Baldock and COG, this is not currently part of the squad that needs major surgery now that Hemed, Hambo and Zamora are here.

If we are going to spend that sort of money, it needs to be for a winger or two, or a centre back.

I thought he was a winger!?

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
4 goals in 17 for us (including the playoffs).

He was ok, but nothing special. Would be a real "meh" signing for me, but at £2.5m quite an expensive meh.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
4 goals in 17 for us (including the playoffs).

He was ok, but nothing special.
Yeah but he was young and quite slight. He should become an excellent player, and get stronger. £2.5m is good IMO.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
14 appearances and 2 goals on loan at Derby from February last season. And looking at what happened to their season after he turned up, I'm not sure he had much of an impact. Not a positive one anyway.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Too lightweight and easily bullied. Better than most of the players we sign though. I too think the fact that he comes from United makes too many people think he's better than he is. Scored some good goals but also made some dreadful misses when it looked easier to score.

Will do OK for Bristol City though I'm sure

Much Much rather have Tex

Mowgli37

Enigmatic Asthmatic
Jan 13, 2013
Sheffield
He was definitely a winger, played on the left hand side for the majority of his spell with us.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here