Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Very Astute Move By The Club

el punal

By signing up the returning hero the Albion have put themselves in a win-win position.

1. Giving Bobby a one year contract they will not over burden themselves financially, and the added bonus that if all turns to gold there is the possibility of extending that contract.

2. The revenue gained from (in the short term) increased ticket sales and Zamora fest merchandising.

3. The feel-good factor that has emanated from the news of Bobby's return. Tell me one Albion fan who is not feeling a bit chipper about this deal.

All in all great news. Can't wait till Friday! :albion2:

Hornblower

Jul 7, 2003
Woke up early, couldn't sleep, just kept thinking about this and feeling great. Just watched the superb video homage on the 'I'm Coming Home' thread and I'm on cloud 9. Can't wait for Friday now.

spence

British and Proud
Oct 15, 2014
Crawley
Makes the fans forum more friendly for Bloom and Co

blue'n'white

Oct 5, 2005
2nd runway at Gatwick
Very clever marketing ploy by the club
I wonder if he did, in fact, sign (or agree terms) some time ago but the club chose to wait until just before the season started to announce it
Anyway let's hope his injury problems are behind him and he can spark the team into life
However whose position is he going to take ?

Dorset Seagull

Once Dolphin, Now Seagull
Very clever marketing ploy by the club
I wonder if he did, in fact, sign (or agree terms) some time ago but the club chose to wait until just before the season started to announce it
Anyway let's hope his injury problems are behind him and he can spark the team into life
However whose position is he going to take ?
I doubt it as surely they would have wanted him to have had a pre season with the team. Can't see him playing in the opener as suspect he will be on the bench but probably will be eased in at Southend

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
I doubt it as surely they would have wanted him to have had a pre season with the team. Can't see him playing in the opener as suspect he will be on the bench but probably will be eased in at Southend

This. He's had no preseason and while he'll be introduced to the fans on Friday there's no way on earth he'll start. The cynic in me says that the deal has been there for some time but we might have something else happen that would free up cash but be a PR blow and we therefore needed to close. The football fan in me says what the heck. It's got to be one of the most romantic deals of the season and I'm making my son wear his number 25 top on Friday whatever!

7:18

Brighton & Hove Albion
Aug 6, 2006
Brighton, England
Woke up early, couldn't sleep, just kept thinking about this and feeling great. Just watched the superb video homage on the 'I'm Coming Home' thread and I'm on cloud 9. Can't wait for Friday now.

ditto

Simontheseagull

Eye from the sky
Jul 11, 2010
The Amex
By signing up the returning hero the Albion have put themselves in a win-win position.

1. Giving Bobby a one year contract they will not over burden themselves financially, and the added bonus that if all turns to gold there is the possibility of extending that contract.

2. The revenue gained from (in the short term) increased ticket sales and Zamora fest merchandising.

3. The feel-good factor that has emanated from the news of Bobby's return. Tell me one Albion fan who is not feeling a bit chipper about this deal.

All in all great news. Can't wait till Friday! :albion2:

4. Should help deflect flack if Dunk is sold to Fulham.

deletebeepbeepbeep

May 12, 2009
The main one from the Club's perspective being that Barber and Bloom can avoid a going over at the Fans Forum /cynic

Hamilton

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Brighton
Football fans eh?

All over the place. Excited, suspicious, delighted, sceptical, cock-a-hoop, dismissive.

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012
This. He's had no preseason and while he'll be introduced to the fans on Friday there's no way on earth he'll start. The cynic in me says that the deal has been there for some time but we might have something else happen that would free up cash but be a PR blow and we therefore needed to close. The football fan in me says what the heck. It's got to be one of the most romantic deals of the season and I'm making my son wear his number 25 top on Friday whatever!

I think I read somewhere about us paying CMS' wages until the end of July? Maybe that had something to do with it?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here