Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Decent wingers needed more now then ever

Doc Lynam

I hate the Daily Mail
Jun 19, 2011
Attacking line up is looking really solid but they will need a supply. Probably as a spread of CF players better then we have had in many a long year but they won't do anything without a supply #decentwingers then things will get very interesting. Ps and a centre half.

spence

British and Proud
Oct 15, 2014
Crawley
Don't won't to put a dampener on things but signing Zamora isn't going to cure our lack of goals. He will be very useful if we take the lead to bring on. We still lack a proper goal poacher. I just don't see Baldock as the answer.

martin tyler

Jan 25, 2013
2 wide players and a CB think we will look fairly well set for the season. As it looks like 442 most of the season the Tex type of player seems less urgent now

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
2 wide players and a CB think we will look fairly well set for the season. As it looks like 442 most of the season the Tex type of player seems less urgent now

Spot on... we have 2 wingers and zero cover... makes no sense if we are going 4-4-2...

Withdean11

Feb 18, 2007
Brighton/Hyde
1 wide player (that can play central)
1 wide player (opposite side)
1 centre back

Should be enough.

Though if Dunk, Colunga and COG all leave maybe 1 more defender and 1 more striker?

Napper

Jul 9, 2003
Sussex
2 wingers the key.

CB not so worries as Rea looks a prospect and Calde / Bong / Ince can fill in as emergency. Pretty sure Rea will be good enough but if not then just use the loan system. Low priority for me.

Wingers and a goalscorer to compete with Baldock and would fancy us. Without those and bottom half. Fine lines

Behind Enemy Lines

Jul 18, 2003
London
Zamora will give us experience, quality and guile up front but we still need pace there so I hope we sign another striker. If we're going to play 4-4-2, then we need 4 good strikers and I'm sorry but O'Grady is not up to the job and it's clear that CH does not rate Colunga. So one more to be found plus: a winger, an experienced centre-back (grossly unfair to expect Rea to hold the line if Greer or Dunk are injured, suspended etc - which will of course happen ) and a creative midfielder.

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
Don't won't to put a dampener on things but signing Zamora isn't going to cure our lack of goals. He will be very useful if we take the lead to bring on. We still lack a proper goal poacher. I just don't see Baldock as the answer.

WHEN HE COMES ON!!?? WTF! :shrug:

northernseagull

Mar 12, 2013
I would MUCH rather have Jamie Murphy than the Blackburn lad... even the Blackburn fans don't rate him highly. Given reports on Jamie he's precisely what we need

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here