Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Am I the only one that thinks Kaz will have a breakout season?

The_Viper

Oct 10, 2010
Charlotte, NC
I think he could be one very bright long overdue spark this season. Heard and seen from a lot of places how up for it he seems to be this preseason. He's going to be a cracking player for us this season with 2 wingers for teams to play against IMO, something in my bones.

Yes I know we still need a winger, a center half and a striker.

Ninja Elephant

Doctor Elephant
Feb 16, 2009
I hope you're right, but he's properly rubbish. Him and O'Grady, absolutely terrible and a waste of wages we could be paying to footballers of Championship standard.

Cheshire Cat

The most curious thing..
More likely to have a breakdown. He has never been quite the same since he broke his leg (or whatever it was). How old is he now? He can't make a career as an impact substitute indefinitely.

jgmcdee

Mar 25, 2012
We're going to need another winger regardless, as he still appears to be unable to last a full 90 minutes. And I'd hope that we're looking for one who is better than him than worse than him, which puts him back to being an impact sub. He's made it pretty clear that he doesn't like that role but does seem to be very suited to it.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
I'll settle for a season of him not on his arse with his arms spread wide.

Hastings gull

Nov 23, 2013
I think he could be one very bright long overdue spark this season. Heard and seen from a lot of places how up for it he seems to be this preseason. He's going to be a cracking player for us this season with 2 wingers for teams to play against IMO, something in my bones.

I

Yes I know we still need a winger, a center half and a striker.

I hope you are right, believe me. Just one nagging doubt, though nothing to do with yourself. If others have spotted that he is really up for it this season, on the money that he is being paid, should he not have been up for it every other season.

Iamapen15

May 17, 2009
Back of the North Stand
Without being cynical, he needs a good season to either get a new contract with us or more likely attract suitors for next year.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Stop taking him to Nandos and spiking his drink.
I can't go back to that place.

It took me so long to realise there's nothing on the menu I wasn't hungry any more.

perseus

Broad Blue & White stripe
Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
I think so. He was chosen (rightly) as a starter against Sevilla. And he should start.

The trouble (up to now) he often is not on the same wavelength as our own players. It was shown again in the breakaway.

albionite

May 20, 2009
Normally this time of year someone starts a thread that it's going to be finally CMS season. Never did happen.

Never know maybe this time it will come true:smokin:

Kosh

'The' Yaztromo
More Likely to have the 'breakbeat' season set to record on BBC 4.

I stereotype of course.

Only joking - it is, after all, good for morale.

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester
Without being cynical, he needs a good season to either get a new contract with us or more likely attract suitors for next year.

He signed a contract extension last January that takes him to summer 2018.

He has a lot of raw talent, but was rarely used by Gus - possibly due to being involved in a court case - and was usually only used as an impact sub by OG, albeit very effectively. Sami was the first manager to have used him as a regular starter, and I think that along with Lewis Dunk, he was the only player to come out of the first half of last season with any credit.

If one thing might help him, it'll be playing in a formation with 2 strikers to aim for in the box, particularly if one of them is a goal hanger like Hemed is supposed to be. Too many times in the past we've made it possible for a defence to have 2 men on him with very little else to distract them.

perseus

Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
He signed a contract extension last January that takes him to summer 2018.

He has a lot of raw talent, but was rarely used by Gus - possibly due to being involved in a court case - and was usually only used as an impact sub by OG, albeit very effectively. Sami was the first manager to have used him as a regular starter, and I think that along with Lewis Dunk, he was the only player to come out of the first half of last season with any credit.

If one thing might help him, it'll be playing in a formation with 2 strikers to aim for in the box, particularly if one of them is a goal hanger like Hemed is supposed to be. Too many times in the past we've made it possible for a defence to have 2 men on him with very little else to distract them.

I'm not sure what is his best role? My tendency is at the start of the game to play him deeper. To start. And when he usually comes up as substitute I am apt to push him forward of we are chasing the game.

perseus

Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
I would play him a bit more centrally as well to get advantage of his change of direction and his ability with both feet.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here