Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Second hand audio gear?

Kosmonaut

Proud Hoveonian
Feb 10, 2013
Hove
Long shot, but does anyone know a place where I can get good second hand audio gear (speakers, amplifiers, cables etc...) in or near Brighton & Hove, like a shop or charity warehouse or what have you? Willing to drive a bit to get there, but not too far. I need some new stuff, but buying brand new is too expensive, and I don't want to order second hand online when I can't listen to how it sounds first.

Cheers!

Last edited:

The Sock of Poskett

The best is yet to come (spoiler alert)
Jun 12, 2009
Long shot, but does anyone know a place where I can get good second hand audio gear (speakers, amplifiers, cables etc...) in or near Brighton & Hove, like a shop or charity warehouse or what have you? Willing to drive a bit to get there, but not too far. I need some new stuff, but buying brand new is too expensive, and I don't want to order second hand online when I can't listen to how it sounds first.

Cheers!

What sort of thing are you after? Hi-fi? DJ equipment? Kit to play your old records on?
A bit of detail would help ...

Kosmonaut

Proud Hoveonian
Feb 10, 2013
Hove
What sort of thing are you after? Hi-fi? DJ equipment? Kit to play your old records on?
A bit of detail would help ...

Hi-fi amp and speakers I suppose for now, and headphones possibly. But in the future, could be other things as well (I'm a musician), such as replacement cables (xlr or jack to jack).

Gabbafella

Aug 22, 2012
I have a few speakers knocking about, two technics, two wharfedales and a couple of LG floor standing home cinema speakers too. Depends what you're looking for.

The images are stock photos.
Technics speakers are pretty much immaculate, wharfedales have seen better days and lg have cosmetic wear on the bases but good apart from that. maxresdefault.jpgWHARFEDALE 425 Speakers (600x450).jpg_20150803_134936.JPG

Last edited:

The Sock of Poskett

The best is yet to come (spoiler alert)
Jun 12, 2009
Hi-fi amp and speakers I suppose for now, and headphones possibly. But in the future, could be other things as well (I'm a musician), such as replacement cables (xlr or jack to jack).

Sounds like you probably want cash converters, general auctions, Friday-Ad, Gumtree, eBay and one or two of the larger charity warehouses. There's one in East Worthing called The Greenhouse but not sure if they do this kind of audio equipment. I'd scour Friday-Ad and Gumtree, and search on eBay for local items up for auction. Some music shops do second hand gear, too.

Kosmonaut

Proud Hoveonian
Feb 10, 2013
Hove
Sounds like you probably want cash converters, general auctions, Friday-Ad, Gumtree, eBay and one or two of the larger charity warehouses. There's one in East Worthing called The Greenhouse but not sure if they do this kind of audio equipment. I'd scour Friday-Ad and Gumtree, and search on eBay for local items up for auction. Some music shops do second hand gear, too.

Problem with ordering online is that I'd want to be able to listen to and compare between different equipment first to get the best sound. Probably should just try cash converters I guess then for now. I'll let you know if I'm interested [MENTION=25308]Gabbafella[/MENTION]

Gabbafella

Aug 22, 2012
No problem, they're not going anywhere. I can hook them up and let you listen any time mate.

Uncle C

Jul 6, 2004
Bishops Stortford
Monkey Music in Baker Street has a great selection.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here