Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Colunga... CH suggests he's on his way

TheDuke

Oct 28, 2011
Arundel
Listening to Chris's post match interview, it would seem Colunga's departure just a matter of time. I thought he was less than average in pre-seasion and in matches he played for us.

Seasider78

Nov 14, 2004

KZNSeagull

Nov 26, 2007
Wolsingham, County Durham
http://www.seagulls.co.uk/news/article/chris-hughton-confident-of-additions-2588612.aspx

"Adrian [Colunga] was ill, but he's missed only one day of pre-season training and has been involved in most of the games.

They have not transcribed everything that CH said in the interview on Player - essentially there is some doubt as to his future, but if he stays, CH will utilise him as he has some talent.

His Cantonaesq chip in pre-season that hit the bar for example.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
http://www.seagulls.co.uk/news/article/chris-hughton-confident-of-additions-2588612.aspx

"Adrian [Colunga] was ill, but he's missed only one day of pre-season training and has been involved in most of the games.

You won't find Hughton speaking like this about too many of his players:

"Whilst he's here, his future lies at this football club...

If he ends up elsewhere, that's what it will be but if he ends up here then we will make as good use of him as we can.

He trains hard every day, and for the period of time he is here we will make sure to make good use of him."

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
You won't find Hughton speaking like this about too many of his players:

"Whilst he's here, his future lies at this football club...

If he ends up elsewhere, that's what it will be but if he ends up here then we will make as good use of him as we can.

He trains hard every day, and for the period of time he is here we will make sure to make good use of him."

Translation: "I don't really want him here, but we haven't managed to offload him yet."

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Translation: "I don't really want him here, but we haven't managed to offload him yet."

Transalation "He has skill, a bit of creativity, and a willingness to actually try to beat people. I don't want any of that kind of nonsense upsetting the discipline and shape of my team"

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
We have so many attacking players I can see why we'd want to ship him out, maybe we're freeing up the funds to get Leon Best in. Chris really likes him :rolleyes:

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
Transalation "He has skill, a bit of creativity, and a willingness to actually try to beat people. I don't want any of that kind of nonsense upsetting the discipline and shape of my team"

Thereby lies the problem. Shame, as l like him and think that he definately has something to offer.

Even though he was regularly played out of position, or dropped from the team, in Sami Hyppia's strange system last season, he still weighed in with a few goals and some assists before he was shipped out prematurely on loan.

Still, what I or others may think is immaterial, Chris Hughton doesn't like him, so that's that.

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003

harsh. i read it as "he's a professional, buts wants to move on. while he's here and doing it in training, he'll be in consideration."

TSB

Captain Hindsight
Jul 7, 2003
Lansdowne Place, Hove
I like him, but he's too lightweight. A bit like Andrea. In a top quality team, you can afford that luxury. In our team...

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade

I like him, but he's too lightweight. A bit like Andrea. In a top quality team, you can afford that luxury. In our team...

Nail on the head [MENTION=267]TSB[/MENTION]

Colunga IS technical with a lot of skill but he and Tex stood out last season in a sea of mediocrity with not only their talent but their light weightness. And that in a team that was essentially powder puff and utterly lacking in leadership. CH is restoring the balance the other way and fair play to him, we needed it. I live in hope that some additional creativity will arrive by the end of the window but it will be powerful, pragmatic creativity (i.e. Marshall or similar if he's too expensive) and it has to be. This ain't La Liga as we've found out to our cost.

durrington gull

Aug 29, 2004
Worthing
Nail on the head [MENTION=267]TSB[/MENTION]

Colunga IS technical with a lot of skill but he and Tex stood out last season in a sea of mediocrity with not only their talent but their light weightness. And that in a team that was essentially powder puff and utterly lacking in leadership. CH is restoring the balance the other way and fair play to him, we needed it. I live in hope that some additional creativity will arrive by the end of the window but it will be powerful, pragmatic creativity (i.e. Marshall or similar if he's too expensive) and it has to be. This ain't La Liga as we've found out to our cost.

Really need to unload colunga asap and free up wages for a quality striker - hopefully cog will follow him out too - both need to go and we get in 1 quality striker

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
In a pile of football shirts
Can't see him stopping now

Lurchy

Jul 2, 2014
Personally thats how i would see it..which of the 2 would we get a decent fee for?

Neither would fetch that much frankly, maybe £250k each? Best way to look at it is to judge on how much money will be saved on wages.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here