Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Blackburn have turned down an improved £3 million bid for Marshall

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
I think Blackburn want the same for Marshall as we are demanding from Fulham for Dunk.

jgmcdee

Mar 25, 2012
At what stage does the recruitment team look at the money they're now going to spend on Marshall and think again about who else they might be able to pick up for the same? I know that switching target isn't particularly easy to do at this stage of the transfer window but if we really need to go higher than £3m it must open up the options a bit.

KZNSeagull

Nov 26, 2007
Wolsingham, County Durham
At what stage does the recruitment team look at the money they're now going to spend on Marshall and think again about who else they might be able to pick up for the same? I know that switching target isn't particularly easy to do at this stage of the transfer window but if we really need to go higher than £3m it must open up the options a bit.

They will set a limit and also have a pretty good idea how much it will take to get him and then decide from there, I would suggest. If the rumours that he wants to come to us are true, he perhaps needs to push things a bit from his side to force the issue. Not a quick resolution though by the sounds of things, which is a shame.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
This is bad news. The club are going to have to look elsewhere, or hope that Marshall isn't happy and asks to leave.
At what stage does the recruitment team look at the money they're now going to spend on Marshall and think again about who else they might be able to pick up for the same?
They've always been looking out for alternatives. They look at options in all positions all year round.

Quinney

Aug 3, 2009
Hastings

Chuck the Iranian lad an extra 500k signing on fee and see if that changes his mind, still work out cheaper than £3m on Marshall.

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
They'll sell for a reasonable price nearer to or on the 31st Aug as was the case with Baldock last season. The question is, can we wait that long?

El Turi

Injured
Aug 13, 2005
Argentina
If we want to spend that amount on a winger how about Jota from Brentford or would he be an unrealistic target with the ambition Brentford are showing at the moment?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here