Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Dog boarding kennels

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
We're going away for a few days and my sister, who normally looks after our dog, can't take her. There are lots of dog kennels in the area but I want to find one that's got a good reputation but there's very little to go on - no Trip Advisor for dogs.

Any NSCers recommend some places that they've found good - or ones to avoid?

T soprano

Oct 27, 2011
Posh end of Shoreham
We're going away for a few days and my sister, who normally looks after our dog, can't take her. There are lots of dog kennels in the area but I want to find one that's got a good reputation but there's very little to go on - no Trip Advisor for dogs.

Any NSCers recommend some places that they've found good - or ones to avoid?
What area are you looking at?

T soprano

Oct 27, 2011
Posh end of Shoreham
Sorry, around Brighton & Hove
image.jpg
Know someone in SHOREHAM area who's just started up their own business, may do boarding in house instead of sticking your dog in kennels, just a suggestion

theboybilly

A bit out of the way maybe but I can thoroughly recommend the Old Clayton Kennels in Washington (on the Storrington Road just past the A24 roundabout) My Staffie seems love it up there and,we have complete confidence that he is being well looked after. From memory I think 4 nights cost £63 last time

T soprano

Oct 27, 2011
Posh end of Shoreham
A bit out of the way maybe but I can thoroughly recommend the Old Clayton Kennels in Washington (on the Storrington Road just past the A24 roundabout) My Staffie seems love it up there and,we have complete confidence that he is being well looked after. From memory I think 4 nights cost £63 last time
FourSeasons pet services at the posh end of SHOREHAM would only charge you £58 :wave:

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
FourSeasons pet services at the posh end of SHOREHAM would only charge you £58 :wave:

No mention of that on the website - it says that she does dog walking and sitting but not boarding. Washington is a bit out of the way as we don't have a car: it would be need to somewhere relatively close to a station. We would go further afield, Worthing would be acceptable for example

knocky1

Jan 20, 2010
Loads of bullshit obviously but underneath that they're really excellent with dogs.

Molly had days out at House of Hugo but had her longer vacations in the House of Knocky1 and was a welcome guest.
An unwelcome guest was that twitchy, nervous Parson Terrrier, Moose. Had to ban him in the end.
Currently housing the Lemon Beagle, who is on his fifth holiday stay this year.

blue'n'white

Oct 5, 2005
2nd runway at Gatwick
Shame you don't have transport as the kennel where I used to take my dog is excellent . . . but it's near Gatwick !

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea
Remember to ensure you have your dog's jabs up to date and you will probably need confirmation of this from your vets. Be wary if the kennels don't ask for this IMO.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here