Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Atmosphere at today's game

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patreon
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
Disappointing. The only effort was made by the three dozen or so Sevilla fans at the North end of the WSL.

Can we hire them for the rest of the season?

Thought on the three occasions they chanted we drowned them out. It was a 'dead' atmosphere, but then friendlies generally are.

3 or 4 people in the East tried at the start and then gave up.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
As expected... As normal for friendlies...

timbha

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
I thought it was ok given an 11k crowd and the heat. NE corner made some noise. Biggest surprise for me was that 1901 area was only about 10% occupied, and they had free tickets!

Monkey Man

Your support is not that great
Jan 30, 2005
Neither here nor there
I can't summon the energy to even attend a friendly so I'm not surprised that those who did were quiet.

Nothing at stake. No meaning to the result. Just a run-out. A bit of fun in the sun for those in need of a football fix but not the kind of game that's going to generate noise, especially with the North and WSU closed.

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
Roasted in East lower...a nice jolly and couldn't care less about the atmosphere...lots of kids and mums...people seemed nice and relaxed...Friday is the important stuff!

perseus

Broad Blue & White stripe
Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
I wish I had not have gone. Apart from Banega it must have been their reserves. I felt cheated a little.

sdmartin1

Sep 23, 2008
People feeling 'disappointed' and 'cheated' about atmosphere and squad rotation in a pre season friendly? Crikey.

Husty

Mooderator
Oct 18, 2008
Very half-hearted apart from the very handsome young man giving it his all in the NE corner and at the station after the game.

:safeway:

AmexRuislip

Trainee Spy 🕵️‍♂️
Feb 2, 2014
Ruislip
Thought the game was okay, excellent singing from the heroes in the NE, trying to keep things alive, especially after the tenors loan effort for Sevilla in the lower east stand.
Hope Solly March is okay :wave:

Baldseagull

Jan 26, 2012
Crawley
Atmosphere was no doubt impaired by the mourning of Cecil the Lion and Cilla Black

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patreon
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
I wish I had not have gone. Apart from Banega it must have been their reserves. I felt cheated a little.

Brighton fans tend to go to watch Brighton rather than the opposition. But then again most Brighton fans haven't cost their clubs untold amounts of planning money thanks to their paranoia regarding runways at Shoreham Airport.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here