Bring back Bryan wade!!

I wanna caravan for me ma
Jun 28, 2010
Hassocks
Anyone? :)

Quinney

Aug 3, 2009
Hastings
Wasn't overly convinced re Stockdale, spilt a couple and a poor pass out in 2nd half. Decent coming for crosses but it only needs one slip as per last year we're likely to concede.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Stockdale 7

Bruno 8
Greer 8
Dunk 9
Bong 8

March 8
Kayal 9
Stephens 8
Lua Lua 7

Baldock 7
Hemed 7

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
Stockdale - 7 some good saves
Bruno - 9 outstanding
Greer - 7
Dunk - 7
Bong - 7
Stephens 6 - sloppy at times
Kayal - 8 class
KLL - 7
March - 6 too weak and wasteful
Baldock - 6
Hemed -7 lots of good things

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Stockdale 7 a couple of excellent saves, 1 one handed, and another with his foot.

Bruno 8
Greer 8
Dunk 9
Bong 9 Didn't put a foot wrong and won headers

March 7
Kayal 9
Stephens 7
Lua Lua 7

Baldock 7
Hemed 8

Deano's Invisible Pants

Mar 1, 2008
Stockdale 7 - very good game with some great saves, but loss of concentration at the end could have cost us. Sorry, still not convinced

Bruno - 7 - generally good.
Greer - 8 - very good game - looked sharper that some games last season
Dunk - 7 - would have been an '8' but for one or two sloppy moments which in the Championship cost goals.
Bong - 8 - looks good defensively and competent going forward.

Kayal - 8 - very good, passes, tackles, shoots, cajoles - first name on the team sheet
Stephens 7 - tenacious first half display - looks decent but perhaps lacking the quality to be a top player for us
March 5 - thought he was poor first half, gave the ball away too much and easily dispossessed. Better in the second half before going off. If we continue to play 4-4-2, he is a key player for us and we need him 100% fit
Lua Lua 7 - beat his man several times in the first half, just lacking the final ball. Noticeable he looked a bit bulkier than last season, so more of a physical presence

Hemed 8 - good all round interplay, held the ball up and brought others into the game. Looks good.
Baldock 5 - a bit anonymous sadly

One hot tub one ambition

Apr 28, 2015
Hove
Stockdale - 7- Wasn't really challenged that much today, but when he was, he was very alert and ultimately a calming influence on the team... and the fans! Distribution and handling fine, although he did make one worrying flap at a cross.
Bruno - 8 - Like above, wasn't under pressure too much, but when challenged he dealt very well. Contrary to his orthodox style - especially against Sevilla - he didn't do many fancy flicks, but that doesn't bother me too much. Solid.
Greer - 8 - Once again, very solid today. In fact, he looked very composed with the outstanding dunk next to him. Lead very well from the back today, maybe a return of his younger self...?
Dunk - 9 - Made a £5 million price tag look derisory! Outstanding today, controlled the back line with Greer and consequently cut out the Sevilla attack. Surely we can't sell to a championship rival, regardless of the fee?
Bonnnnnggggg - 8 - Looked very assured today, some lovely chipped through balls down the line which were sadly wasted by the receiver. Comfortable in defence, albeit the quality of the attacks down his side were poor. Promising. International pedigree for Cameroon justified.
March - 8 - Although a peripheral figure in the second half - probably due to tiredness - he looked very eager before the interval, provoking mistakes from Sevilla's defenders with marauding runs and creating oppurtunities with astute passes. A bit more experience and confidence and he will be able to cross the ball very skilfully, but for now he is doing fine. An exciting prospect.
Stephens - 7 - Overall, his performance was, unusually, quite inconsistent; while he moved the ball round well, his shots were quite wayward and he seemed to slow the play down when in promising positions. I like him and I think he is a great player, but he didn't play to his normal high-standards today. On the other hand...
Kayal - 9 - Great as ever. Some great lofted through-balls, dictating the midfield with a variety of ambitious passes, and was even a prominent leader - telling people what to do etc. Him and stephens are an excelling partnership, saying it is one of the best in the champiosnhip is no exaggeration!
LuaLua - 6 - Sadly, his hype has ended; it is not worth anything if you are going to run the whole pitch, then when you get to the box fanny about and slip over, losing the ball. Pass or shoot, and don't make it obvious! We badly need another winger; with pace... and Guile.
Baldock - 7 - Just an average day today, he has proved that he has an established link with Hemed and that he can run onto his through-balls and use them. I would have like to see him get a bit more involved today, though.
Hemed - 7 - Apart from a couple of fancy touches (one which led to his penalty - which was very composed indeed!) and one good shot, just an average day today like above. He seems to have a good partnership with Baldock which is very handy! Funny that some people are slagging off 4-4-2, this is the way that Chris Hughton wants to go and the way that many successful teams before have gone, so why shouldn't we try it? It is very promising, and I have a lot of trust in Hughton, especially after a performance like today.

All Subs - 7 - None of them really given a significant time to sufficiently prove themselves, although rosenior looked very assured and put in one wonderful ball. Apart from that, they all constituted to a performance which although wasn't the most exciting, did do the job. I am fine with that this season - if we can consistently be solid, and grind out results, that is fine, provided that we have some amazing performances now and then... and, inevitably, some unwanted ones too. Today was a good performance to build on, and one to give us some fresh energy and confidence for the season opener in five day's time. Seagulllllllssss!:amex::albion2::albion2::albion2::D

The Merry Prankster

Pactum serva
Aug 19, 2006
Shoreham Beach
Stockdale - spilt three and made a bad cock up - not up to it
Bruno - Good Bruno
Greer - Pretty sharp
Dunk - Okay with lapses of concentration
Bong - caught out of position a couple of times - better than the alternative
March - not good enough
Stephens - not good enough
Kayal - when he's good he's very, very good then he went missing for a while.
Lua Lua - was Lua Lua - not good enough
Baldock - not good enough
Hemed - jury out - couple of nice touches for a big man.

Assessment based on what's needed to be top sixish.

Wilko

LUZZING chairs about
Sep 19, 2003
BN1
Dunk outstanding.
Stockdale very good along with Bong.
Everyone else ok.

Ha! Strange how we see the games, I thought Bong looked a bit ropey in terms of positioning and Dunk had some dodgy moments (though some very good tackles) too including his usual yellow. Stockdale was good though despite one awful kickout.

Very clear that we need better wingers in than March and KLL if we are going to play 442.

Hornblower

Jul 7, 2003
Stockdale - 7- Wasn't really challenged that much today, but when he was, he was very alert and ultimately a calming influence on the team... and the fans! Distribution and handling fine, although he did make one worrying flap at a cross.
Bruno - 8 - Like above, wasn't under pressure too much, but when challenged he dealt very well. Contrary to his orthodox style - especially against Sevilla - he didn't do many fancy flicks, but that doesn't bother me too much. Solid.
Greer - 8 - Once again, very solid today. In fact, he looked very composed with the outstanding dunk next to him. Lead very well from the back today, maybe a return of his younger self...?
Dunk - 9 - Made a £5 million price tag look derisory! Outstanding today, controlled the back line with Greer and consequently cut out the Sevilla attack. Surely we can't sell to a championship rival, regardless of the fee?
Bonnnnnggggg - 8 - Looked very assured today, some lovely chipped through balls down the line which were sadly wasted by the receiver. Comfortable in defence, albeit the quality of the attacks down his side were poor. Promising. International pedigree for Cameroon justified.
March - 8 - Although a peripheral figure in the second half - probably due to tiredness - he looked very eager before the interval, provoking mistakes from Sevilla's defenders with marauding runs and creating oppurtunities with astute passes. A bit more experience and confidence and he will be able to cross the ball very skilfully, but for now he is doing fine. An exciting prospect.
Stephens - 7 - Overall, his performance was, unusually, quite inconsistent; while he moved the ball round well, his shots were quite wayward and he seemed to slow the play down when in promising positions. I like him and I think he is a great player, but he didn't play to his normal high-standards today. On the other hand...
Kayal - 9 - Great as ever. Some great lofted through-balls, dictating the midfield with a variety of ambitious passes, and was even a prominent leader - telling people what to do etc. Him and stephens are an excelling partnership, saying it is one of the best in the champiosnhip is no exaggeration!
LuaLua - 6 - Sadly, his hype has ended; it is not worth anything if you are going to run the whole pitch, then when you get to the box fanny about and slip over, losing the ball. Pass or shoot, and don't make it obvious! We badly need another winger; with pace... and Guile.
Baldock - 7 - Just an average day today, he has proved that he has an established link with Hemed and that he can run onto his through-balls and use them. I would have like to see him get a bit more involved today, though.
Hemed - 7 - Apart from a couple of fancy touches (one which led to his penalty - which was very composed indeed!) and one good shot, just an average day today like above. He seems to have a good partnership with Baldock which is very handy! Funny that some people are slagging off 4-4-2, this is the way that Chris Hughton wants to go and the way that many successful teams before have gone, so why shouldn't we try it? It is very promising, and I have a lot of trust in Hughton, especially after a performance like today.

All Subs - 7 - None of them really given a significant time to sufficiently prove themselves, although rosenior looked very assured and put in one wonderful ball. Apart from that, they all constituted to a performance which although wasn't the most exciting, did do the job. I am fine with that this season - if we can consistently be solid, and grind out results, that is fine, provided that we have some amazing performances now and then... and, inevitably, some unwanted ones too. Today was a good performance to build on, and one to give us some fresh energy and confidence for the season opener in five day's time. Seagulllllllssss!:amex::albion2::albion2::albion2::D

I wasn't there so I have no idea whether your player ratings are accurate, but regardless of that I really like the positivism in your post. Welcome to NSC.

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea
Stockdale - Almost MOM one minor mistake right at the end but stopped everything else really well, highlight was a goal kick right onto Rosenior's boot 10 yards in their half
Bruno - Best I have seen him play for ages and ages
Dunk and Greer played well
Bong looks good
March - One good cross and a couple of runs didnt look interested for some of the game, maybe due to getting back to fitness
Kayal - Very good most of the time but poor pass selection/execution at times which could have put us in trouble unlucky not to score a couple
Lua Lua - very poor, he picked the ball up in our half ran into their half maybe half the pitch and ran out of puff and gave the ball to their defenders, two of three very poor dives
Hemed - Great run into the box with the ball, yes it seemed a soft penalty but he wasn't playing for one - well taken penalty
Stephens/Baldock - nothing special to note

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Would be fascinated to know where each poster in this thread was sitting today. I find myself thinking completely the opposite to some of you. Perhaps it looks different depending on whether you were east or west?

The Brighton Buzz

Falmer here we come
Jan 31, 2008
Stockdale 7 a couple of excellent saves, 1 one handed, and another with his foot.

Bruno 8
Greer 8
Dunk 9
Bong 9 Didn't put a foot wrong and won headers

March 7
Kayal 9
Stephens 7
Lua Lua 7

Baldock 7
Hemed 8

Agreed with most of these marks, but Stockdale got away with it occasionally with spilt saves that on another day would have ended up in the net by a follow up from attackers. Second half he made a good stop with his legs, but then later on passed the ball out inexplicably to their centre forward and was saved by his defence. He still seems prone to bad lapses and could still cost us games.
Bong looked very composed and along with Dunk would be my mom. The defence looked very solid. Bruno much better defensively, not having to get forward because we played wingers.
Lua Lua was a mixed bag as usual, often running up blind alleys and falling over. Loses the ball in dangerous positions.
The midfield looked solid with Kayal and Stephens. Ince did ok when he came on and is good back up for these two
Up front Hemed looks as if he has something about him but we did not create enough around him. Baldock looks lightweight and we definitely need another striker to partner Hemed. O'Grady looks out of his depth and must be moved on. Solly March looked lively but will take a while to get up to speed, but could be one of the creative players that we need when fit.
All in all a reasonable performance against a good side, but they did look as if they were treating it as a training exercise at times with little urgency to get forward.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here