Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Cycling to the Amex - off topic

Zebedee

Anyone seen Florence?
Jul 8, 2003
Hangleton
Can anyone give me a rough idea please as to how long it's likely to take me to cycle from the Old Steine in Brighton to the Amex, travelling at a gentle speed? Just wondering how much time I need to leave myself for the journey today.

Thanks in advance...

Zukey Seagull

Jun 23, 2013
Worthing
I've always wanted to do that but I am a little worried about leaving my bike locked up. I wouldn't know how long it will take but you could google map it and say the journey is via a bike.

Thunder Bolt

Ordinary Supporter
I've always wanted to do that but I am a little worried about leaving my bike locked up. I wouldn't know how long it will take but you could google map it and say the journey is via a bike.

My other half has cycled to the Amex several times, and never had any problems leaving his bike there.

Zebedee

Anyone seen Florence?
Jul 8, 2003
Hangleton
My other half has cycled to the Amex several times, and never had any problems leaving his bike there.

Thanks for that reassurance. I'll give it a go today. If nothing else I should burn up a calorie or two.

Zukey Seagull

Jun 23, 2013
Worthing
Thanks for that. Am travelling from Hangleton so I'll leave around an hour I think.

I live near goldstone crescent and I think I would give myself an hour to get there. I checked from my place and it said 30 minutes but I'm guessing that is of you don't stop much.

D

Deleted member 22389

Cycled to the Amex all last season, never had a problem leaving my bike and that was using the bike racks right at the top of the car parks.

Zukey Seagull

Jun 23, 2013
Worthing
Cycled to the Amex all last season, never had a problem leaving my bike and that was using the bike racks right at the top of the car parks.

Thank you for some more reassurance. Nice to here others do it too. Silly I know, just would want to come out after the game and my bike be gone.

Ninja Elephant

Doctor Elephant
Feb 16, 2009
I had the same fears when I first started cycling around, and leaving my bike. I had to lock up by Brighton Library yesterday due to Pride and my bike was fine this morning. There was a game last season I cycled to The Amex without my bike lock, so he was there unguarded all game, no problems - but I don't recommend it. I always change the combination on my lock to 7777 when I leave, it was a different number when I came back today.

Stat Brother

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
I hope it went well for those that cycled.

I attempted to ride down Ditchling Rd at 3:30 his afternoon, if the traffic is always like that I have no idea why anyone would drive.

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
I've been cycling to the Amex since it opened and never had any problems. Used to cycle to Withdean too and forgot my lock once - even unlocked, it was fine

perseus

Broad Blue & White stripe
Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
Second time, I cycled it, first time in fine weather. Never again, the route is shit. I think it took me much longer than 25 minutes (from the Palace Pier) with traffic lights, crossing roads etc. and not being able to go optimum speed because the route was a bit crappy and unknown.

Google Earth said 19 minutes. It took me 35 minutes (camera timing) with traffic lights generally in my favour and no hold-ups.

Last edited:

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here