Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Dunk to join Fulham this week?

Zebedee

Anyone seen Florence?
Jul 8, 2003
Hangleton
Would the club really be shortsighted and stupid enough to sell our prize asset just a few days before the start of the new season? I fear the answer to this is yes.

albionite

May 20, 2009
Would the club really be shortsighted and stupid enough to sell our prize asset just a few days before the start of the new season? I fear the answer to this is yes.

So you started a crap thread about dunk leaving without any info that he is going. What was wrong with any of the other dunk threads

Guy Fawkes

The voice of treason
Sep 29, 2007

O ye of little faith

Why would we sell to a rival and this close to the start of the season? and whats to say that Dunk would want to move to Fulham anyway?
I can only see us selling to a Premier League club and so far, none have made an offer. We have always said that if a good offer came in from a big (ie top flight) club then we will not stand in the way of the players career but it has to be right for everyone.

We turned down several bids for Ulloa from a Premier League side so even if they were a top flight side, it doesn't mean we will sell if the deal doesn't suit us (and selling Dunk to Fulham this close to the transfer window to a rival doesn't suit us.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
O ye of little faith

Why would we sell to a rival and this close to the start of the season? and whats to say that Dunk would want to move to Fulham anyway?
I can only see us selling to a Premier League club and so far, none have made an offer. We have always said that if a good offer came in from a big (ie top flight) club then we will not stand in the way of the players career but it has to be right for everyone.

We turned down several bids for Ulloa from a Premier League side so even if they were a top flight side, it doesn't mean we will sell if the deal doesn't suit us (and selling Dunk to Fulham this close to the transfer window to a rival doesn't suit us.

He's doing a job.

Another employer might offer him twice as much as his current wage.

The other employer is relatively local meaning he won't need to uproot his family.

Why wouldn't anyone in this position consider changing jobs?

What is certain is that if Lewis Dunk remains an Albion player, he's going to get quite a pay rise. Again, as happens in many jobs.

Surrey_Albion

Jan 17, 2011
Horley
He is right though in saying get west londonderry local newspaper have a story saying it's happening and expect it to be finalised this week.

*beaten to it

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Either way I would put in an offer for Tommy Elphick as they have signed CB and I think he will struggle in the Premier plus apparently upset team mates by saying they have to get used to losing and not winning every week.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
He's doing a job.

Another employer might offer him twice as much as his current wage.

The other employer is relatively local meaning he won't need to uproot his family.

Why wouldn't anyone in this position consider changing jobs?

What is certain is that if Lewis Dunk remains an Albion player, he's going to get quite a pay rise. Again, as happens in many jobs.

That's the worry isn't it. It makes no sense for the club to sell him this close to the start of the season without a ready made replacement already here. However it may not be 100% in the club's hands. If he is being offered silly wages by Fulham then that changes the dynamic. I don't expect a guy like Lewis to do a Bridcutt but it could hurt the team spirit that we need to nurture..

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
He's not being sold to another Championship club. I trust the club to keep their word on this.

SteveTheSeagull

I AM A CRIPPLED ALICE FAN
Feb 14, 2015
If Dunk is sold that just shows the ambition the club has. If the club have no interest in putting effort in i'll have no ambition or show no effort into putting my hard earnt cash into going to matches, Buying over priced drinks/food. Sure it may sound like i'm being a spoilt brat but but if they can't be arsed. Why should i. They do this every time. Sell all our best players and replace with bottom feeders and barrel scrapers.

spanish flair

Jan 30, 2014
Brighton
I wonder what effect it would have on Hughton if he was sold, the club certainly kicked the feet from under Hyypia with selling important players so close to the start of the season.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
He's not being sold to another Championship club. I trust the club to keep their word on this.

What if a Championship club offers us £50m for him? Silly figure, I know, but I'm illustrating a point. There is an unknown value where the club go "that's a decent return, we'll take that."

What is Lewis Dunk says he wants to leave to a Championship club, presumably for a big pay rise? What if he "does a Bridcutt", loses focus and becomes a liability to us?

Never say never.

KZNSeagull

Nov 26, 2007
Wolsingham, County Durham
I would imagine that the club will do a deal along the lines of Dunk leaving when we get his replacement and the other CB we are looking to sign. But you never know - perhaps we will be so good attacking this season that we do not need any defenders? :)

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here