Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Dunk to Ipswich for £5M?

Zebedee

Anyone seen Florence?
Jul 8, 2003
Hangleton
The headline shown is listed in NewsNow but doesn't seem to link to an article. I hope this rumour has no substance. It would be foolhardy in the extreme to sell Dunk to one of our rivals for £5M or otherwise. He is far too important to us and with no replacement available his transfer would again underline the club's lack of ambition. How many more times ffs do we have to sell our best player???

http://www.hitc.com/en-gb/2015/08/01/report-ipswich-to-seal-5m-deal-for-brighton-star-lewis-dunk-t/?

Zebedee

Anyone seen Florence?
Jul 8, 2003
Hangleton

Zebedee

Anyone seen Florence?
Jul 8, 2003
Hangleton

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Am v suprised there wasn't a thread or bump of the Dunk thread on this tonight when it was all over Twitter (this rumour being discussed)

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
How do you "buy" loan players

Well I think you offer money and if accepted you agree personal terms and then they're no longer a loan but a signing...

I'll get my coat.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003

TSB

Captain Hindsight
Jul 7, 2003
Lansdowne Place, Hove
Yeh I saw that mate. Just meant I logged onto Twitter and it seemed everyone was banging on about it. Logged on here expecting a new thread with 10 pages already and there was nothing :lol: (good sign maybe!?)

How come you're so sure it's rubbish?

McCarthy runs the club on a shoestring so couldn't imagine him spending £5 million on a (pretty average) defender.
And the tweet had already been deleted when I looked at it.
Coupled with the reliability of their hundreds of 'Rumour' tweets.
And there's the responses of "we don't need him" from ITFC fans.

I really don't see us selling to a Champ club. Certainly not Ipswich. So, that's why. No inside info.

Blackadder

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 6, 2003
Haywards Heath

glasfryn

cleaning up cat sick
Nov 29, 2005
somewhere in Eastbourne
McCarthy runs the club on a shoestring so couldn't imagine him spending £5 million on a (pretty average) defender.
And the tweet had already been deleted when I looked at it.
Coupled with the reliability of their hundreds of 'Rumour' tweets.
And there's the responses of "we don't need him" from ITFC fans.

I really don't see us selling to a Champ club. Certainly not Ipswich. So, that's why. No inside info.

prehaps the writer got his Suffock and Norfork mixed up and he meant Norwich
you heard it here first

Lifelong Supporter

Aug 4, 2009
Burgess Hill
If Dunk is to move on it would be to a Premiership club but there is no way he is 'Premiership Ready' so he will be staying (for now). However if we have a good season and he is instrumental, he will go.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here