Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Decent Golf Course nearish to Hove

jimmygull

Mar 22, 2012
Hi all, just a quick one to see if anyone could recommend a semi decent golf course not too far (20 mins max) from Hove that might have available tee times this arvo. Mrs and kids are away so looking to take advantage and fit a cheeky round in. Cheers :thumbsup:

Feb 23, 2009
Brighton factually.....
Hi all, just a quick one to see if anyone could recommend a semi decent golf course not too far (20 mins max) from Hove that might have available tee times this arvo. Mrs and kids are away so looking to take advantage and fit a cheeky round in. Cheers :thumbsup:

With the wife away, the only round you should be getting is one of these...

Attachments

• oktoberfest.jpg
    oktoberfest.jpg
    52.8 KB · Views: 532

Feb 23, 2009
Brighton factually.....
Thats what the 19th hole is for! Don't worry I will be taking full advantage, these moments don't come along that often!

Yeah, I know what you mean...

Cherished, Blissful moments that pass all too quickly though....

Then you hear the key in the door, and boom the dream is over...

Enjoy

StonehamPark

#Brighton-Nil
Oct 30, 2010
BC, Canada
West Hove (By Sainsbury's off Old Shoreham Road Hove/Portslade).
Benfield Valley (As above)
Devils Dyke - Maybe a slightly tougher course (and less fun) for the kids.

jimmygull

Mar 22, 2012
Thanks for the advice, ended up going here http://www.singinghills.co.uk/index.php/golf

was blimmin lovely on a day like today,

and thank you 'Psychobilly freakout' for your comments, made me laugh...we all think it....Right, I'm off night clubbing to further indulge in the freedom, thats the IN thing to do right?... it's been a while?

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
That's what Brighton & Hove lacks is a really good Golf Course.

Try Worthing.

Really...played at brighton and hove recently?

Give brighton and hove gc a go...it was our medal this morning, and the course is in fantastic nick. And playing quite difficult pin positions at the moment.

Birdie Boy

Jun 17, 2011
Devils Dyke is playing very well but it's tougher than most others but with west hove and singing hills, Brighton doesn't do too bad for golf courses!

KZNSeagull

Nov 26, 2007
Wolsingham, County Durham

Give brighton and hove gc a go...it was our medal this morning, and the course is in fantastic nick. And playing quite difficult pin positions at the moment.

Nope, never played it I'm afraid - that's the only one I have not played. I will if I ever come back to Sussex. For all the courses that it has, I just found them a bit meh.

The Dyke is the best of them, but none of them stand out as a really good, tough but fair course. I also preferred the old West Hove to the new one and every time I have played Singing Hills it has either been like a bog or like a runway.

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
Nope, never played it I'm afraid - that's the only one I have not played. I will if I ever come back to Sussex. For all the courses that it has, I just found them a bit meh.

The Dyke is the best of them, but none of them stand out as a really good, tough but fair course. I also preferred the old West Hove to the new one and every time I have played Singing Hills it has either been like a bog or like a runway.

When you come over, PM me and I will sign you in and we can have a round. People are very sniffy about 9 hole courses, even if there are different tees for the backs, and the amount of people who tell me B&H is crap who haven't played it and then when they try they can't take not playing on flat ground and having to contend with the windy conditions and vicious rough.

KZNSeagull

Nov 26, 2007
Wolsingham, County Durham
When you come over, PM me and I will sign you in and we can have a round. People are very sniffy about 9 hole courses, even if there are different tees for the backs, and the amount of people who tell me B&H is crap who haven't played it and then when they try they can't take not playing on flat ground and having to contend with the windy conditions and vicious rough.

Done - thanks Granny! Am trying to come back soonish if I can find a job!

There is nothing wrong with 9 hole courses (I am a member of one here - well they call it 9 holes, it actually has 12 greens!) - people just don't think they can compare to 18 hole courses. There is an interesting 9 hole course at Holtye, if you ever get the chance to go and play it.

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Devils Dyke is playing very well but it's tougher than most others but with west hove and singing hills, Brighton doesn't do too bad for golf courses!

Don't you start claiming Singing Hills for Brighton & Hove now :p

bhawoddy

Jan 25, 2011

Can't get my head around around playing the same 9 twice.

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
Can't get my head around around playing the same 9 twice.

PM me when you have a Saturday free and come up and play...the two pin positions on each hole make it a very different course!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here