Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Travel] Greek Vacation

Merdalfthewizard

once more unto the breach
Dec 25, 2014
265 miles from home games
The Missus has expressed a wish to venture to Greece next year (while it's still there) I seem to remember reading somewhere of a seagull supporter having a bar out there, can anyone tell me if,

A) I am correct or it's just wishful thinking

B) If I am correct, where it is

Would much prefer the latter, as it doesn't look like I'm likely to be allowed to consider any other destination, and this close to the season starting, I am not going to argue!

Cheers in advance.

Feb 23, 2009
Brighton factually.....
The Missus has expressed a wish to venture to Greece next year (while it's still there) I seem to remember reading somewhere of a seagull supporter having a bar out there, can anyone tell me if,

Would much prefer the latter, as it doesn't look like I'm likely to be allowed to consider any other destination, and this close to the season starting, I am not going to argue!

Cheers in advance.

Man up fella....

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003

Cheers in advance.

Please don't say you're thinking of going to Greece purely on the basis of an Albion fan has a bar out there somewhere :wozza:

Top free plug tho if you happen to be owner of aforesaid bar :thumbsup:

Garage_Doors

Originally the Swankers
Jun 28, 2008
Brighton
as a matter of interest, which do you find more offensive? Use of the American-English 'vacation' or the Estuary-English 'oliday or sometimes even 'olidee and even better when coupled with an erroneous me as in "I'm going on me 'olidee next week"?

Never actually noticed the latter to be honest so the former, but not you have highlighted it I'm sure I will now !

backson

Registered Mis-user
Jul 26, 2004
as a matter of interest, which do you find more offensive? Use of the American-English 'vacation' or the Estuary-English 'oliday or sometimes even 'olidee and even better when coupled with an erroneous me as in "I'm going on me 'olidee next week"?

Don't mind either of those, but when someone says holibobs, then blood has to be spilt.

melias shoes

Oct 14, 2010

Cheers in advance.
Grow a pair. Wouldn't be allowed to consider anywhere else. What happened to joint decision? :facepalm:

Jan 30, 2008

Cheers in advance.
vacation ?......................:wanker:
regards
DR

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
Language changes and grows. Get over it.

no reason we cant try to maintain some standards, we dont have to lazily accept foreign idioms into our language.

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
Don't mind either of those, but when someone says holibobs, then blood has to be spilt.

We are off on holibobs next Friday on a two week cruise around the med!

Fnaaar fnaaar

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here