Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

BT have (apparently) snapped up La Liga TV rights

Rookie

Greetings
Feb 8, 2005
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/fo...se-to-moving-to-BT-Sport-from-Sky-Sports.html

No Spanish football on Sky for the next few seasons - very unhappy about this. Wasn't fussed about the Champions League, but love a bit of La Liga. Just waiting for my Sky subscription to end before I cancel it after 15 odd years. Ridiculous that Sky put their prices up because they paid too much for the Premier League while losing important rights.

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
It appears that Sky put in a larger bid than BT to secure the La Liga rights but a decision was made to have a second round of bidding perhaps due to the BT bid being closer to Sky's than expected.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
BT's current telly ad is saying that until (I think) 6th or 7th of August, if you switch to them you get, apart from any telly-related stuff, a Sainsbury's voucher for £125 for a 12 month contract. Probably worth doing for that reason alone, I'd have thought :thumbsup:

Frutos

Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
May 3, 2006
Northumberland
Sky have agreed a new 3-year deal to show over 100 live La Liga matches per season, according to SSN.

Meade's Ball

Jul 7, 2003
Hither (sometimes Thither)
Sky have agreed a new 3-year deal to show over 100 live La Liga matches per season, according to SSN.

Rats.
That means i'll have to keep both channels then. I had the intention of ditching Sky if they lost La Liga.

Frutos, as a Spanish football lover, do you get over there much for games?

Gullflyinghigh

Apr 23, 2012
Rats.
That means i'll have to keep both channels then. I had the intention of ditching Sky if they lost La Liga.

Frutos, as a Spanish football lover, do you get over there much for games?
It was my tipping point for Sky as well. I think my girlfriend was hoping she'd finally be free of Sky Sports in the house...oh well!

Rookie

Greetings
Feb 8, 2005

Love that, did seem strange they would just let it go as was being reported at the weekend

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here