Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Article: Albion's Summer transfer window bingo card getting close to a full house

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Read it. Or don't read it. http://www.northstandchat.com/conte...ndow-bingo-card-getting-close-to-a-full-house

BHAFC Summer transfer window bingo.png

(Writers being sought for the new season, BTW. Interested? Give me a shout.)

perseus

Broad Blue & White stripe
Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
4-3-3

We've got 23 first teamers. I expect at least one more.

4-3-3 at home? I think we need a wide man that could hug the touchline on the right hand side to stretch the opposition when needed, but the player has to do more than that. Then there is cover needed in central defence

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fv5RDv8KbEQ

Baldock has got to be more than just a goal poacher and unless Kayal plays the Teixeira role we are going to need someone in the central midfield attacking role.

Tex.jpg

Last edited:

perseus

Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
Buckley would please me greatly

I'm with you on that one. But he would have to get more involved in the game.

In the 4-3-3 diagram we will have to play more in midfield so Buckley cannot just be touchline hugging winger. Baldock has to go wide as well.

The 4-3-3 diagram is not without flaws. A long ball from left back to right wing is not usually on. No point having a winger unless he can be productive two times out of three minimum and I am not sure Colunga can deliver that %. Either beating his man, finding time and space to cross or shoot.

A long ball out wide is to switch the play suddenly from one side to another is best suited to an overlapping full back as recipient (Wayne Bridge v Newcastle, Bruno v Norwich.)

Last edited:

perseus

Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
Would signing Marshall appease the masses? If not, who else?

A good question?

I would like a winger who can play and opposition across the front three, left winger, centre forward and right winger. Buckley qualifies better than Marshall. A highly mobile player with pace. Solly March can play winger and an attacking midfielder behind the main striker. But that is 4-3-3. 4-4-2 is a different kettle.

4-4-2 means a winger that can drop back into midfield rather than becoming an extra striker. This is to stop goals when leading. Even then that allows the opposing full back to join the attack for the opposition. To my mind we need a speed merchant as the other side has to take special precautions. (Most evidently when Sunderland played Man United last season in the 1-1 draw. Buckley kept Man United on the back foot and when he was taken off Ashley Young could come forward for Man United and they should have pinched the win.)

Zebedee

Anyone seen Florence?
Jul 8, 2003
Hangleton
Buckley would please me greatly

Not me. Very talented but too much of a sick note for us. We need players who can start for us, be regulars in the team, and make a difference.

perseus

Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
Not me. Very talented but too much of a sick note for us. We need players who can start for us, be regulars in the team, and make a difference.

Maybe yoga is the answer for Buckley? http://www.independent.co.uk/news/p...-the-career-of-very-private-ryan-6152699.html

I can't see why hamstrings are such a problem ?! Knee injuries would be something to worry about.

Would you have Buckley back if he played 33 games a season?

There is a a ? over his involvement in the game, but all wingers are like that!

Last edited:

perseus

Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
First and foremost he has got to be consistent in his fitness and availability for games. That's CH on Solly March, so that sort of rules out Buckley!

I don't think we need a winger as much as a pacy goalscorer who can play a multitude of positions up front. But these players are hard to come by and cost a lot of dosh and I cannot think of any within our budget.

Not Andy Naylor

Dec 12, 2007
Seven Dials
We've got 23 first teamers. I expect at least one more.

4-3-3 at home? I think we need a wide man that could hug the touchline on the right hand side to stretch the opposition when needed, but the player has to do more than that. Then there is cover needed in central defence

Baldock has got to be more than just a goal poacher and unless Kayal plays the Teixeira role we are going to need someone in the central midfield attacking role.

Blimey, I'll settle for him being just a goal poacher.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here