Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Chicken and Ham pie: OUT! (plus street food coming to the Amex)

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Great but what about the team and player recruitment ?

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
Cheese and onion pasties ... good one.

My son loves chorizo so that may even wean him off his hot dog

KJP

Mar 2, 2011
Goring-by-Sea
Not happy about chicken pie going or coleslaw in the burgers, why would I want coleslaw [emoji40]

Happy about street food though

jgmcdee

Mar 25, 2012
A little confused:

The club's catering partner, Sodexo, are also set to unveil a range of new 'street' food kiosks housed in the internal concourses at the Amex, in the West Upper and Lower, East Lower and North - which will come into play early this season.

To ensure fans in the South Stand and East Lower don't miss out, selected kiosks in these areas will also incorporate one of the 'street' food offerings.

Will ESL have street food kiosks or not?

Dick Swiveller

Sep 9, 2011
Street food? Squashed badger and used chewing gum pasties I presume?

Everest

Me
Jul 5, 2003
Southwick
We seem to have had more new additions to the menu than to the team, perhaps Sodexo should be in charge of player recruitment.

But then the players would be played out of position, being rotated every week.

So no change there then

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
What's "street" about Chicago Town five-cheese and pepperoni pizzas; loaded hot dogs, including foot-long pulled pork and chilli con carne varieties; Great Brits, serving dishes such as sausage and mash; and Rub & Roll, with sub sandwiches ?

Or have I got this wrong?

Guy Fawkes

The voice of treason
Sep 29, 2007
We seem to have had more new additions to the menu than to the team, perhaps Sodexo should be in charge of player recruitment.

But then the players would be played out of position, being rotated every week.

So no change there then

You also forgot the poor supply they would offer and also the shutting up shop early leaving those in attendance feeling disappointed as they are left without the result they wanted

crasher

Jul 8, 2003
Sussex
"A new cheese-and-onion pasty has already got taste buds buzzing and is the toast of our vegetarian fans in Internet chat rooms and on social media"

Sigh.

Wilko

LUZZING chairs about
Sep 19, 2003
BN1
Can someone post the article please? Anyone else have an issue with the official site, I cannot scroll down to read articles, most odd!

Everest

Me
Jul 5, 2003
Southwick
Can someone post the article please? Anyone else have an issue with the official site, I cannot scroll down to read articles, most odd!

Brighton & Hove Albion have unveiled a new catering line-up for new season, including upgraded burgers, a new Piglets Pantry pie flavour and a brand-new cheese-and-onion Piglet's pasty for vegetarians.

The club's catering partner, Sodexo, are also set to unveil a range of new 'street' food kiosks housed in the internal concourses at the Amex, in the West Upper and Lower, East Lower and North - which will come into play early this season.

Last season hungry fans munched through more than 160,000 pies, burgers and hot dogs last season, all washed down by quarter of a million pints of beer and real ale.

Catering prices have been frozen for the 2015/16 season, and kiosks will be serving up the traditional fans' favourites, along with some added extras which will be available for the first time this Sunday.

Piglet's chicken and ham pie will be replaced by the one-time guest pie flavour of chicken and chorizo - which got a big thumbs up from supporters, as well as Fatboy Slim concert goers.

A new cheese-and-onion pasty has already got taste buds buzzing and is the toast of our vegetarian fans in Internet chat rooms and on social media.

The guest pie option will be replaced by a matchday guest product, such as special pies but also Piglet's new range of gourmet sausage rolls - which include pickle and mustard varieties and have to be tried to be believed!

The new burger offering includes an upgrade on the beef patty and bun, while the lettuce and relish will be replaced with a coleslaw and dressing.

Soft-drink offerings have been expanded to include Oasis in a variety of flavours, alongside traditional offerings - while the always-popular real-ale beer options remain the same, with specially-selected guest ales in Dick's Bar, selected home kiosks and the away end throughout the season.

The new 'street' outlets - which will be in place in the coming weeks - will rotate around the five different concourse locations.

There will be one serving Piglet's Pantry's alternative products, including selected pasties, sausage rolls and sweet options; pizza, serving Chicago Town five-cheese and pepperoni pizzas; loaded hot dogs, including foot-long pulled pork and chilli con carne varieties; Great Brits, serving dishes such as sausage and mash; and Rub & Roll, with sub sandwiches.

To ensure fans in the South Stand and East Lower don't miss out, selected kiosks in these areas will also incorporate one of the 'street' food offerings.

Meanwhile, fans have been reminded that the club phased out ecash at the end of last season, and replaced it with new credit and debit card contactless technology across all kiosks.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here