Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

According to the BBC.......

wellquickwoody

Many More Voting Years
NSC Patreon
Aug 10, 2007
Melbourne
21% of the UK population tuned in to watch the Women's Football World Cup..........really?

Over 1 in 5?

These figures been spun, total number of viewers over the whole tournament when compared the the population figure I would guess. Marketing making its own rules.

Discuss......

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
We did and really enjoyed it and was mailing a Canadian friend who was at a game.

Whatever the view on the standard of the football it was a terrific tournament and England Lionesses were awesome

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
I watched some of the England games. It was good scheduling, no other sport available!

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
thats 13 million viewers. for one game or watched a bit over the month? id say there probably wasnt alot on to interest the few thousand housholds that feed this stats.

Gregory2Smith1

J'les aurai!
Sep 21, 2011
Auch
shooting themselves in the foot really,if those figures are correct the next one will be on sky

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
21% of the UK population tuned in to watch the Women's Football World Cup..........really?

Over 1 in 5?

These figures been spun, total number of viewers over the whole tournament when compared the the population figure I would guess. Marketing making its own rules.

There's your answer

thats 13 million viewers.... watched a bit over the month?

It doesn't surprise me: lots of people did tune in - they had a few million people watching a match that kicked off at midnight

StonehamPark

#Brighton-Nil
Oct 30, 2010
BC, Canada
I would be surprised if 21% of the UK population watched the Men's World Cup.

The spin, in my opinion, is "21% of the population (or, 1 in 5 TV owners) have tuned into (both purposefully and accidentally) a BBC channel whilst the football was on at some point during the Women's World Cup".

melias shoes

Oct 14, 2010

The spin, in my opinion, is "21% of the population (or, 1 in 5 TV owners) have tuned into (both purposefully and accidentally) a BBC channel whilst the football was on at some point during the Women's World Cup".
Sounds about right.

W.C.

Oct 31, 2011
Just heard on the radio the women's fa cup final is expecting over 20,000 people. Not bad.

wellquickwoody

Many More Voting Years
NSC Patreon
Aug 10, 2007
Melbourne

I would go with that.

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne
I did watch 14 seconds of one game, so I guess that counts.
Pretty much this. Didn't hear anyone mention or discuss the games either. I work with plenty of football mad people and the fact that none of them seemed to be interested says it all.

trueblue

Jul 5, 2003
Hove
The advert on Radio 5 has really been getting on my wick. All about the return of the Premier League and then it says it the season kicks off with the women's FA Cup Final. No. It really doesn't. I've been to some women's football live and it's okay - reasonably entertaining - but equating it with the men's game at this point is just ludicrous. There are some skilful players but the BBC approach of pretending it's on a par is simply patronising.

Elvis

Mar 22, 2010
Viva Las Hove
BBC 1 Womens FA Cup. BBC 2 Womens Open Golf.

I'm all for equality, but who the hells gonna iron my shirt!!!

Postman Pat

Jul 24, 2007
Coldean
Aluko looks decent. I would think she could play at a decent level in the men's game if allowed.

The best footballer in the Aluko family I suspect.

Chelsea will win this by a few I suspect.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here