Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Calais

Bry Nylon

Test your smoke alarm
Helpful Moderator
Jul 21, 2003
Playing snooker
Utterly lawless.

Seriously, time to send in the Paras to restore some order.

glasfryn

cleaning up cat sick
Nov 29, 2005
somewhere in Eastbourne
send in dave he will know what to do:lolol:

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Utterly lawless.

Brits in the hypermarches picking up cheap vin rouge and those ridiculous small bottles of beer with twist tops that shred your hands when you try to open them?

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
The trouble is there is this belief we have pavements of gold still but it is simply not true however our benefits system is considerably more generous than many other European countries.

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patreon
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton
Have you been recently? Don't believe all you see on the news.

Have you ? My parents came back via the tunnel this Wednesday just gone and the roads leading to the tunnel were 'swarming' ( and I couldn't give a toss if that word upsets anyone ) with those attempting to ILLEGALLY enter the UK. Some were even trying car doors to get in. So I agree with you, don't believe all you see on the news, it's actually worse.

As for the suggestion of sending in the Paras - don't care if it's the Paras particularly but yes the British Army needs to be sent to take control of the situation.

Thunder Bolt

Ordinary Supporter
D
Have you ? My parents came back via the tunnel this Wednesday just gone and the roads leading to the tunnel were 'swarming' ( and I couldn't give a toss if that word upsets anyone ) with those attempting to ILLEGALLY enter the UK. Some were even trying car doors to get in. So I agree with you, don't believe all you see on the news, it's actually worse.

As for the suggestion of sending in the Paras - don't care if it's the Paras particularly but yes the British Army needs to be sent to take control of the situation.

I wouldn't have said it if I hadn't. When we were driving back to Calais we had several texts from friends & family warning us of the chaos. This post is an exact duplicate of one that's already in The Other Stuff which was moved.
It was very calm & very quiet when we arrived in the early morning (5am). The DFDS workers were on strike & had been burning tyres, but when we got home the BBC were reporting it as if the fires were caused by & part of the migrant problem.

Thunder Bolt

Ordinary Supporter
The trouble is there is this belief we have pavements of gold still but it is simply not true however our benefits system is considerably more generous than many other European countries.

One of the migrants was interviewed in Calais about why he wanted to get to Britain. He said because asylum was easier to get here.. He was a Syrian refugee & a qualified dentist.

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patreon
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton
D

I wouldn't have said it if I hadn't. When we were driving back to Calais we had several texts from friends & family warning us of the chaos. This post is an exact duplicate of one that's already in The Other Stuff which was moved.
It was very calm & very quiet when we arrived in the early morning (5am). The DFDS workers were on strike & had been burning tyres, but when we got home the BBC were reporting it as if the fires were caused by & part of the migrant problem.

I think your 5am arrival time might well have something to do with your experience. My parents travelled at 9pm and it was anything but quiet. So much so, they are considering using the Newhaven - Dieppe ferry route as I do instead from now on to go to their home in France.

pastafarian

Sep 4, 2011
Sussex
Have you been recently? Don't believe all you see on the news.

I have,
Its chaos for the Lorry drivers,not so much for cars.
I did come rather too close for comfort though to splattering a migrant all over the motorway as he jumped out between parked lorries and dashed across the motorway with gendarmes in pursuit.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
One of the migrants was interviewed in Calais about why he wanted to get to Britain. He said because asylum was easier to get here.. He was a Syrian refugee & a qualified dentist.

One of many thousands, the issue is we offer better benefits than a lot of other European countries, whether that is acceptable or not is a totally different debate.

Thunder Bolt

Ordinary Supporter
One of many thousands, the issue is we offer better benefits than a lot of other European countries, whether that is acceptable or not is a totally different debate.

Yet we come 6th in the number of migrants we allow in, in Europe. Sweden & Germany take in many more than us.

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
Utterly lawless.

the gendarme are quite capable of restoring order if the fancy takes them, not shy of bringing out the happy sticks. trouble is, they dont want to because if they do these migrant enter their system and they have to deal with them. there's no feasable/practical/legal solution to this situation unless the French round them all up to imprison them.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here