Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Paul Scally and Gillingham fined £75k each for "Race Victimisation" of Mark McGammon

SweatyMexican

Mar 31, 2013
It's clear Scally is just telling porkies.

This is a case that has now been considered by three tribunals - the Employment Tribunal, the Employment Appeal Tribunal, and an FA Tribunal. All three have reached the same conclusion - Scally and Gillingham FC are guilty of race discrimination.

This can't reasonably be explained away by suggesting that Trolley was "trying something".

Lenny Rider

Sep 15, 2010
What next?
Legal action against the girls at Platinum Lace for sexual harassment?

'Supermarket trolley' is a by product of political correctness and the good old chip on the shoulder, he will probably play the victim for many years to come.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
What next?

'Supermarket trolley' is a by product of political correctness and the good old chip on the shoulder, he will probably play the victim for many years to come.

He had a case to answer. I don't read 'playing the victim' in this case.

studio150

Jul 30, 2011
On the Border
This is a case that has now been considered by three tribunals - the Employment Tribunal, the Employment Appeal Tribunal, and an FA Tribunal. All three have reached the same conclusion - Scally and Gillingham FC are guilty of race discrimination.

And yet for some strange reason that I fail to understand Scally says he is going to appeal the FA decision and if necessary go beyond the FA. How many times does he have to lose a legal case to accept that the verdict is justified and correct.

Tom Bombadil

Jul 14, 2003
Jibrovia
And yet for some strange reason that I fail to understand Scally says he is going to appeal the FA decision and if necessary go beyond the FA. How many times does he have to lose a legal case to accept that the verdict is justified and correct.

People like Scally will never accept they're in the wrong

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
People like Scally will never accept they're in the wrong

Is he officially a racist then? Not read the case in detail and won't. Life too busy, easier to ask on here :)

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
What next?

I recall being interviewed by a young and handsome Radio Sussex reporter a few years ago when the Albion were playing at Doncaster. He asked me to predict the score, and I said ONE-NIL to Donny, with Trolley scoring the winner.

Sadly it proved to be the case.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Accepting all as stated above, I must admit my first reaction was, "It would be Mark McCammon, wouldn't it?"

Sorry!

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
Read post #4.

Doesn't make him one though necessarily in eyes of law does it? The law can be very odd and it's all in the wording! Not even sure you can legally be called a racist even if found guilty of RD. bonkers sounding I know but has anyone called him a racist without being sued I wonder?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here