Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Boards games

Perkino

Dec 11, 2009
Any recommendations on board games Or even card games.

Me and groups of friends regularly play settlers of Catan, ticket to ride, Rook and Bohnanza but looking at finding something new to add to the pile. Suggestions please...

emphyrian

May 25, 2004
Woodingdean
Couple of games my gaming group play:

betrayal at house on the hill which is a collective game until the betrayal happens then its team vs one player

Dead of winter which is a zombie style collective game which we have never beaten on the hardest level

Pandemic which is again collective and can be very difficult to beat on the hardest level. I think the game is winning 11 - 2. There are also expansions for this game

munchkin which is all vs all type game and is quite frankly always our gaming day opener. bluff, lie, cheat, gang up on someone its all in here.

starwars xwing if you have a big enough table and are a fan of starwars.

if you don't already take a watch of a youtube channel called Tabletop. its hosted by Will Wheaton and they review and play these types of games.

I can add you to our gaming facebook page if you want. we don't play often but between the 15 of us we have about 40 odd board games. We always do international tabletop day too where we play for 24 hrs+
pm me if interested

Igzilla

Sep 27, 2012
Worthing
Lancaster is good, Strozzi, Lords of Waterdeep, Terra Mystica, to name a few

Worried Man Blues

Feb 28, 2009
Swansea
PIT is a fantastically loud and vibrant card game, loads of yelling especially after a couple of liverners! It has it's own cards so not a 52 pack game

crodonilson

He/Him
Jan 17, 2005
Lyme Regis
Rivers of Doom
Magnolia
Snap
Babylon

Gullflyinghigh

Apr 23, 2012
Zombicide is decent if you have enough people, probably counts as more of a tabletop game than board but it's a fine line, it's a collective effort type deal.

Coup is a great little card-based game if you have 4+ players, takes basically no time to learn the rules and get going. It relies heavily on bluffing (or not, as the case may be) your way to the top, think it's about £12 most places.

Another vote for Pandemic.

Sushi Go is a simple card based game that relies on you building the best hand you can, one card at a time. It seems simple enough (and is) but actually winning against a few players can take a bit of thought. Again, about £12 I think.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here