Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Consumer help please - Online purchase

Chinman3000

Sep 28, 2011
Need a bit of advice from the NSC faithful.

I was using google to shop for a pair of trainers a couple of weeks ago and found a nice looking pair of DC's at a decent price.

I clicked the google link which took me directly to the shoes on the DCshoes-uk.co.uk website. I selected UK size 11 and paid.

So I received them on Monday and they were KIDS shoes. No joke - they were bloody tiny. Not only that but they were a kids size 12, so they werent even correct if I had wanted kids trainers.

So they give you 14 days to return for a refund as you would expect, but their return address is in FRANCE and YOU have to pay the postage!!

I have just spoken to their customer service departrment and they were not helpful at all. All they said was they were in the kids section (I didnt navigate through the website and went direct to the link from google so didnt know this) and their returns policy is also on the website.

The posatge has cost me nearly a tenner and the trainers were only about £20.

Do I have any legal rights here or am Iumbered?!

Creaky

Mar 26, 2013
Hookwood - Nr Horley
You could argue that the goods delivered weren't what you ordered - i.e. size 12 not size 11. In which case under the Consumer Contracts Regulations you should be refunded the cost of returning them. The Consumer Contracts Regulations apply throughout the EU but your problem is it is really not economical to try and enforce them when the postage was just £10.

If you return items ordered on the web and they are not what you want but have been accurately described, (which seems to be the situation in your case), then in most cases you can return the goods at your expense within 14 days for a refund.

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
you might well have to pay postage, French law might be different (not sure who's responsible for return postage here for that matter).

save the hassle and sell on through ebay.

Official Old Man

Uckfield Seagull
Aug 27, 2011
Brighton
You ordered size 11 but got size 12 WRONG. I presume you have an email confirming the size. How did you pay and in what currency, I presume sterling. If paypal then start a dispute with them stating you want a full refund. If credit card go to them and demand the same. There's no come back with a debit card. The .co.uk web site is a legal matter and I'm not sure how it works. I believe you may have been misled but not too sure. But regardless of all this size 12 is not size 11 as ordered. Full refund.

Garage_Doors

Originally the Swankers
Jun 28, 2008
Brighton
For £20 it ain't worth pissing about with, chuck em the bin or give them away to a child you know as a present.

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
...But regardless of all this size 12 is not size 11 as ordered. Full refund.

UK size 11 is US size 12, so thats whats shown on the shoe being American. the issue here is accidently picking the kids size 11 (12). and while he may be entitled to a full refund, that doesnt necessarily cover return postage, which to France is going to be quite an amount.

and there was a big clue this wasnt right - the price and availability. Adult size 11 trainers in a sale? you're having a laugh :lolol:

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here