Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Cricket] Third Ashes Test - England v Australia - Edgbaston

Titanic

Super Moderator
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
West Sussex
England won at Cardiff, Australia won at Lords, series 1-1.

Changes for England, in-form Jonny Bairstow returns in place of the hapless Ballance, for his 15th Test Match, 593 runs at 26.95.

And it looks like Mark Wood has succumbed to injury and is replaced by Steven Finn, for his 24th Test Match, 90 wickets at 29.40.

Titanic

Super Moderator
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
West Sussex
Win the toss and bat please England!

Interesting... Anderson, Broad and Finn seem more likely to be 'dangerous' than Moeen Ali, and perhaps bowling first would actually be our best chance of taking a bit of the momentum back?

I don't think I would mind either way on this occasion... it will be down to how the top order batsmen and/or the opening bowlers perform as to whether we have a better time than at Lords.

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
Interesting... Anderson, Broad and Finn seem more likely to be 'dangerous' than Moeen Ali, and perhaps bowling first would actually be our best chance of taking a bit of the momentum back?

I don't think I would mind either way on this occasion... it will be down to how the top order batsmen and/or the opening bowlers perform as to whether we have a better time than at Lords.
Have you seen Australia's record when they've batted first!

Titanic

Super Moderator
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
West Sussex
Alastair Cook proves he is a useless tosser again, Australia have WON the toss and will BAT.

Badger

NOT the Honey Badger
NSC Patron
May 8, 2007
Toronto
Were loose then. Might not even bother tuning in.

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
Well, it should do a bit here....it's now imperative that we hit our straps right from the off, make use of the new ball and any moisture in the pitch.

Titanic

Super Moderator
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
West Sussex
Teams confirmed:

England: A Lyth, AN Cook*, IR Bell, JE Root, JM Bairstow, BA Stokes, JC Buttler†, MM Ali, SCJ Broad, JM Anderson, ST Finn

Australia: CJL Rogers, DA Warner, SPD Smith, MJ Clarke*, AC Voges, MR Marsh, PM Nevill†, MG Johnson, MA Starc, JR Hazlewood, NM Lyon

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
6 out of the last 7 Ashes tests, and 9 out of the last 12, have gone to the team who won the toss...

Oh well.

Titanic

Super Moderator
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
West Sussex
The covers are coming out as a precaution... a little rain in the air... a little bit to spice up the wicket would be nice!

The flags are waving ... Jerusalem rings out... come on England :)

simmo

Feb 8, 2008
Teams confirmed:

England: A Lyth, AN Cook*, IR Bell, JE Root, JM Bairstow, BA Stokes, JC Buttler†, MM Ali, SCJ Broad, JM Anderson, ST Finn

Australia: CJL Rogers, DA Warner, SPD Smith, MJ Clarke*, AC Voges, MR Marsh, PM Nevill†, MG Johnson, MA Starc, JR Hazlewood, NM Lyon

I am not so sure about our XI. There seems to be a lack of balance about it.

Titanic

Super Moderator
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
West Sussex
The rain holds off and we will start on time... Rogers and Warner to face Anderson and Broad... the first of hopefully many key moments in this Test Match.

Titanic

Super Moderator
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
West Sussex
Ooooh... first ball swings away from Rogers and beats the outside edge.... come on Jimmy!!!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here